Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

In the UK when your mobile phone contract is up it's common practice to call the company and tell them you want to leave for another company. They then put you through to a special department that offer all sorts of deals for you to stay.

Does it work the same here? I just moved to another provider and they handled the transfer without me contacting the old provider for a code or anything.

My friend has been with Vodafone for ages with the same phone and I wondered if she could try the trick people do in the UK?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Worth a try though I've not heard of it happening here. It is a great idea in UK but this is Spain so they might not have thought of it yet.... Let us know if it works...

·
Registered
19,422 Posts
Hi,

In the UK when your mobile phone contract is up it's common practice to call the company and tell them you want to leave for another company. They then put you through to a special department that offer all sorts of deals for you to stay.

Does it work the same here? I just moved to another provider and they handled the transfer without me contacting the old provider for a code or anything.

My friend has been with Vodafone for ages with the same phone and I wondered if she could try the trick people do in the UK?
This is certainly the case with landlines, so I don't see why it wouldn't be the same for mobiles

·
Registered
263 Posts
This is certainly the case with landlines, so I don't see why it wouldn't be the same for mobiles
When we changed from Vodaphone, my daughter did too, we were offered a free iphone, I told them I just wanted cheaper calls, no deal. They became quite a pest, kept ringing us. Halved my bills by changing to Orange.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts