Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I really need your help as Im getting more confused :confused:

further to my previous post :

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/br...1310698-new-born-baby-parents-having-ilr.html

and as I recently had my ILR I started to fill MN1 form under the 'Section 1(3) - A child born in the UK whose parents are not British citizens BUT NOW settled in the UK

But there is an issue on Section 1 Personal information, which is
point 1.9: Present nationality

Actually, I am Syrian (a refugee having travel document) and my Husband is Jordanian
but the child has no documents except her UK birth certificate !!

my question is:
Do I have to leave 1.9 blank i?? or does the child considered stateless person then I have to fill down S3 form instead?! :confused:

I really need your advise with many thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Isn't he considered Syrian and Jordanian automatically?
Thank you Joppa for prompt reply,

yes my child could have the Jordanian passport from her father but she is only 1 month old, and the process to add her name on the Jordanian family card and then apply for a Jordanian passport will take months, and we have been told (by the Jordanian Embassy) that her father has to apply for her passport from Inside Jordan (not from the embassy in London) I know its ridiculous !! :roll:

In this situation, what do you recommend? leave 1.9 present nationality (( Blank )) ?

Please advise as the only document we have for the baby now is THE UK BIRTH CERTIFICATE

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
As he is automatically Jordanian (just that he hasn't his passport yet), you can put Jordanian as his current nationality. He is definitely not stateless.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.