Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have received visa invitation for SC 189. But I realized, after invitation is received, that there are following 2 mistakes in my EOI:

1. Country of birth is mentioned incorrect.
2. Starting date of employment is mentioned incorrect (This employment is partly claimed and luckily points for this part are not claimed).

Unfortunately, this was my last chance to get an invitation because after that round my age points are reduced.

Now the question is, how should I proceed for Visa Application? Should I correct both mistakes while submitting Visa Application?

·
Registered
23,873 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have received visa invitation for SC 189. But I realized, after invitation is received, that there are following 2 mistakes in my EOI:

2. Starting date of employment is mentioned incorrect (This employment is partly claimed and luckily points for this part are not claimed).

Unfortunately, this was my last chance to get an invitation because after that round my age points are reduced.

Now the question is, how should I proceed for Visa Application? Should I correct both mistakes while submitting Visa Application?
1. Maybe termed as a very minor issue.
2. What's the correct date and the EOI shown date ?

Cheers

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hi everyone,

If you don't mind losing AUD 3670 at least, then take the chance. And take it since it is your last chance.

And yes, you submit all correct info in visa application.

As newbienz said, both seems minor issue and doesn't reduces your points, so you may be fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1. Maybe termed as a very minor issue.
2. What's the correct date and the EOI shown date ?

Cheers
Date is mentioned as 1st of month but actually it is 17th of month. Month and year are mentioned correct.

Country of birth is mentioned as Pakistan but actually it is UAE.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Date is mentioned as 1st of month but actually it is 17th of month. Month and year are mentioned correct.

Country of birth is mentioned as Pakistan but actually it is UAE.
I also think the same but just wanted to know if there is any proper way to rectify and notify DIBP like form 1023 is used for rectification in Visa Application.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you don't mind losing AUD 3670 at least, then take the chance. And take it since it is your last chance.

And yes, you submit all correct info in visa application.

As newbienz said, both seems minor issue and doesn't reduces your points, so you may be fine.
I also think the same but just wanted to know if there is any proper way to rectify and notify DIBP like form 1023 is used for rectification in Visa Application.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I am sure you'll have a valid reason to say why you missed adding correct information reg. country of birth.
Start date is minor one as others say too.

I think you can lodge the application with detailed explanation via required forms.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Yes, use Update Us in ImmiAccount and explain everything once you lodge visa. This will automatically generate Form 1023.

Also, even though it doesn't change points, but does your work experience date affects your EOI date ? Lets say does it make you claim work experience points earlier and hence allow you to submit EOI and have earlier Date of Effect ?

Or you already have enough points without that mistake when you submitted your EOI ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, use Update Us in ImmiAccount and explain everything once you lodge visa. This will automatically generate Form 1023.

Also, even though it doesn't change points, but does your work experience date affects your EOI date ? Lets say does it make you claim work experience points earlier and hence allow you to submit EOI and have earlier Date of Effect ?

Or you already have enough points without that mistake when you submitted your EOI ?
No this employment was in past. It was in 2007 so it does not affect my points in any way.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
I don't see any problem with these mistakes. I've seen such minor mistakes in EOI and people getting through smoothly through the process without any questions being asked. You should be fine so long as you did not overclaim points in your EOI. Moreover, when you hit the APPLY VISA button in your EOI and start to fill the online forms, most of the information from EOI is already pre-populated in the visa forms. Not sure (or don't remember) how it is now, but some of this information is even editable for you to correct, add, or reorder.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I don't see any problem with these mistakes. I've seen such minor mistakes in EOI and people getting through smoothly through the process without any questions being asked. You should be fine so long as you did not overclaim points in your EOI. Moreover, when you hit the APPLY VISA button in your EOI and start to fill the online forms, most of the information from EOI is already pre-populated in the visa forms. Not sure (or don't remember) how it is now, but some of this information is even editable for you to correct, add, or reorder.
I concur with this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got 189 Invitation but found Mistakes in EOI Application

HI Everyone,

I got visa 189 invitation (65 pts) now, but found that my EOI Application has mistakes in Employment Deputation Dates( travel dates to client projects) like for Eg : 19AUG 2013 is actual date but EOI is mentioned as 30 AUG 2013. There are similar 6 EOI Dates entries overlooked but there is no change in month & I due to this I am not gaining or loosing any Points.

Please help me with the situation as my agent insisting me to redo EOI.

Experts kindly respond..

thanks for the support.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
HI Everyone,

I got visa 189 invitation (65 pts) now, but found that my EOI Application has mistakes in Employment Deputation Dates( travel dates to client projects) like for Eg : 19AUG 2013 is actual date but EOI is mentioned as 30 AUG 2013. There are similar 6 EOI Dates entries overlooked but there is no change in month & I due to this I am not gaining or loosing any Points.

Please help me with the situation as my agent insisting me to redo EOI.

Experts kindly respond..

thanks for the support.
Hi

Are the start - end dates on employment with various employers correct? If yes, then i won't worry much about deputation dates.
Also, do you confirm that ACS/EA was done using correct dates?

If ans to both of the above is "YES" then use the invite BUT add correct dates during VISA lodge process.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi

Are the start - end dates on employment with various employers correct? If yes, then i won't worry much about deputation dates.
Also, do you confirm that ACS/EA was done using correct dates?

If ans to both of the above is "YES" then use the invite BUT add correct dates during VISA lodge process.

Thanks for the Early response:

Answer to both of the above is "YES". My ACS (mm/yyyy) is correct as per the employment deputation dates & employment dates. Also My l employment dates are entered correct in EOI.

Do I need to submit any Forms for the Changes( if required)

thanks for the support

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Thanks for the Early response:

Answer to both of the above is "YES". My ACS (mm/yyyy) is correct as per the employment deputation dates & employment dates. Also My l employment dates are entered correct in EOI.

Do I need to submit any Forms for the Changes( if required)

thanks for the support
VISA lodge will just ask you the start - end dates of employment and designations.
Where are you entering the deputation dates? I don't think there is any field for entering such data anywhere.

I think you can go ahead and apply VISA. WHats the point of agent asking you to re-apply?

·
Registered
111 Posts
SOS - Help needed regarding EOI updation after Invite

Hi Keeda,

Need a bit of an urgent help!!!

I understand that we can't update EOI after receiving the invite. We will have to wait for the invite to Expire and then update EOI and wait for a fresh invite.

However, my queries are:

1. Can the invite expire after accepting the invite?
From accepting I mean - After clicking the "Apply Visa Button", and creating ImmiAccount? -

2. Will that invite be considering expired if I dont submit the Visa app and pay the fees?

3. After ImmiAccount is created - Can we wait for the invite to expire and update EOI?
Because in ImmiAccount page also, it is showing the invite expiry date with the Invite ID.
However, I am worried whether this creation of ImmiAccount will create any problems later when I accept the next fresh invite (with updated EOI).

Please help with all your suggestions and experiences.

Many Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hi Keeda,

Need a bit of an urgent help!!!

I understand that we can't update EOI after receiving the invite. We will have to wait for the invite to Expire and then update EOI and wait for a fresh invite.

However, my queries are:

1. Can the invite expire after accepting the invite?
From accepting I mean - After clicking the "Apply Visa Button", and creating ImmiAccount? -

2. Will that invite be considering expired if I dont submit the Visa app and pay the fees?

3. After ImmiAccount is created - Can we wait for the invite to expire and update EOI?
Because in ImmiAccount page also, it is showing the invite expiry date with the Invite ID.
However, I am worried whether this creation of ImmiAccount will create any problems later when I accept the next fresh invite (with updated EOI).

Please help with all your suggestions and experiences.

Many Thanks in advance.
Hello Bhai

1. Clicking the APPLY VISA button or even filling up the forms does not count as having "accepted" the invite, but paying for the visa does. The payment page comes up as the last step after various online forms originating from the APPLY VISA button. It is only after you pay that your EOI status changes from INVITED to LODGED, and if this does not happen in the stipulated 60 days, the INVITED will change back to SUBMITTED - meaning the invitation expired. So, to answer your question- Yes, invitation can still expire after clicking that button and even after having created an immiAccount.

2. Yes, it will be considered as expired, and it will return back to the invitation pool one last time.

3. Yes, you can still let the invite expire after having created the immiAccount. Existence of an immiAccount does not affect anything. You can use the same immiAccount in the future for any other visa, health assessments, sponsorship applications for your relatives, citizenship application, etc. Think of immiAccount as a vault for your transactions with DIBP/ immi system. It is just that you are using this opportunity to create a new account, but is perfectly okay if you do not store this opportunity (application) into this account and use it for any future opportunities.

Because in ImmiAccount page also, it is showing the invite expiry
I am sure it is this current incomplete visa application inside of the immiAccount that is showing a certain status and expiry date. immiAccount by itself does not have any status, expiry, and such things- it is just a container/ folder so to say.

·
Registered
7 Posts
VISA lodge will just ask you the start - end dates of employment and designations.
Where are you entering the deputation dates? I don't think there is any field for entering such data anywhere.

I think you can go ahead and apply VISA. WHats the point of agent asking you to re-apply?
Hi

I am totally confused now ..

MY ACS was also prepared with deputation dates of my Employer. ACS report also approved my mm/yrs of experience with same employer with multiple deputation dates included. Now, My EOI is also created with similar ACS dates i.e with each Deputation Employment dates for Single Employer. As the deputation dates are wrong in EOI i am worried on VISA processing .. Please HELP

My Question is : Do we need to mention the Deputation Employment to ACS while working with One employer?

Do I need to redo ACS with only Employer dates ?
(i.e without mentioning any Deputation dates of Employer in ACS & provide all deputation dates in Employee reference letter only)

Does EOI consider below 6 months exp for Points?
(i.e Here After end of deputation I returned to home country & worked for 3-6 months with Employer and moved to another country on deputation )

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hello Bhai

1. Clicking the APPLY VISA button or even filling up the forms does not count as having "accepted" the invite, but paying for the visa does. The payment page comes up as the last step after various online forms originating from the APPLY VISA button. It is only after you pay that your EOI status changes from INVITED to LODGED, and if this does not happen in the stipulated 60 days, the INVITED will change back to SUBMITTED - meaning the invitation expired. So, to answer your question- Yes, invitation can still expire after clicking that button and even after having created an immiAccount.

2. Yes, it will be considered as expired, and it will return back to the invitation pool one last time.

3. Yes, you can still let the invite expire after having created the immiAccount. Existence of an immiAccount does not affect anything. You can use the same immiAccount in the future for any other visa, health assessments, sponsorship applications for your relatives, citizenship application, etc. Think of immiAccount as a vault for your transactions with DIBP/ immi system. It is just that you are using this opportunity to create a new account, but is perfectly okay if you do not store this opportunity (application) into this account and use it for any future opportunities.

I am sure it is this current incomplete visa application inside of the immiAccount that is showing a certain status and expiry date. immiAccount by itself does not have any status, expiry, and such things- it is just a container/ folder so to say.

Thank you very much KeeDa,

Much Appreciated Brother.

Now, I will wait for the invite to expire in a few days time.

But, then after that what I will have to do "To Update my EOI"?

I would want to update my EOI after it gets back to the Submitted State.
Please let me know how can I do that.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Thank you very much KeeDa,

Much Appreciated Brother.

Now, I will wait for the invite to expire in a few days time.

But, then after that what I will have to do "To Update my EOI"?

I would want to update my EOI after it gets back to the Submitted State.
Please let me know how can I do that.

Thanks again.
Once its comes to Submitted State, you can open the EOI and edit normally by using "UPDATE EOI" button at the right bottom and save.
But, remember it will take 60 days time for the invite to expire.
By the way, how many days it have been since you received the invite ?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts