Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check it.... LINK

From the top of the Burj Khalifa, Dubai doesn't look as developed as it is, but you can see how big Dubai really is....

And to show you the progress of the American school system, the retarded Director, Brad Bird, states that they are a mile and a half above earth. Keep in mind that they are not on the very top of the Burj, so that means they are 7,920 ft above the earth.... The Burj Khalifa is only 2,723 ft tall. :confused2:

·
Premium Member
10,204 Posts
I'm not that big a fan of Tom Cruise but you gotta admit watching him scale the Burj Khalifa is kinda hot! :D
Can't wait for Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol to release. I :love: Action Movies!!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Guilty secrets eh Pam? I love Tom Cruise movies (well, in the latter part of his career anyhoo) I'll be going to see this one for sure. We went to the movies for the first time since we arrived in Dubai the other night, it was fabulous:) clean cinema, polite crowd and great sound (Dubai Marina Reel Cinema) Big 'thumbs up'.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tom Cruise is a douche...... Have you seen Valkyrie? Dude plays a German with no accent... he only knows how to play him....

·
Premium Member
10,204 Posts
Luckily I haven't seen Valkyrie but then he's done some decent work too - Interview with the Vampire, Magnolia, Born on the Fourth of July, Rain Man and who could ever forget...Top Gun *swoon*. My favourite though is Cocktail mainly because of the soundtrack!

·
Registered
124 Posts
its Mission Impossible 4, the title is something like ghost protocol.

I might watch it to see how much more worse it can get( i thought it hit rock bottom with the 3rd one).

Trailer was done well but that hardly matters if the guy cant pull it off.

Not a fan of Tom Cruise, never liked his acting although most movies he has been had good plots.

oh and i dont know if you've noticed but 80% of what tom cruise says is basically repeating the last person's line to create "intensity" or what he thinks is intensity :p

·
Premium Member
10,204 Posts
Indo..how could you get the MI sequence wrong! :p

I don't see why the Mission Impossible movies are bad. In my opinion they are way better than the Fast & the Furios crap that keeps churning out with B grade actors.

Tom Cruis may not be a Method Actor like Pacino, Deniro or Sean Penn but he is good at what he does or he wouldn't be at the top. (I forgot to add The Last Samurai to my list of good Tom Cruise movies).

Quite frankly, if we're not qualified to be movie critics, we shouldn't really criticize...just appreciate the good entertainment!

·
Registered
124 Posts

I don't see why the Mission Impossible movies are bad. In my opinion they are way better than the Fast & the Furios crap that keeps churning out with B grade actors.

Tom Cruis may not be a Method Actor like Pacino, Deniro or Sean Penn but he is good at what he does or he wouldn't be at the top. (I forgot to add The Last Samurai to my list of good Tom Cruise movies).

Quite frankly, if we're not qualified to be movie critics, we shouldn't really criticize...just appreciate the good entertainment!

Like i said the movies he has done have good plots, but i am yet to be impressed by HIS acting, his co - stars act very well, eg: dustin hoffman(sp?) Rain man( i think its him, apologies if i am wrong)

If you can appreciate then you should be able to criticize, two sides of the same coin.

But each to his/her own ;)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Ha ha

Yeah and in The Last Samurai, he made no effort to look or sound Japanese. Pathetic.
Gavtek, you are killing me! I get your humour (I think) and I HAVE seen Valkyrie, but in Last Samurai he wasn't playing a Japanese character (I know, I know)
:D
P.S. Despite myself, I enjoyed Valkyrie a lot more than I thought I would, it was a shed load better than Inglorious Basterds in my opinion... At least they took a true historical event where I know the ending before the story even began and kept the suspense going right to the end

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Luckily I haven't seen Valkyrie but then he's done some decent work too - Interview with the Vampire, Magnolia, Born on the Fourth of July, Rain Man and who could ever forget...Top Gun *swoon*. My favourite though is Cocktail mainly because of the soundtrack!
Interview with a Vampire - :flypig: <-- couldn't find a smiley that emphasizes a chick flick or gayness more than that, so....
Magnolia - same as above :rolleyes:
Born on the Fourth - haven't seen it, but since it has to do with war, might be good.
Rain Man - Yeah, but Dustin Hoffman was better in the movie than Cruise
Top Gun - You might have a point here... They killed it with the stupid love story and the crappy music.... Dude got all sentimental and emotional... :rolleyes:
Cocktail - seriously? :spit:

Shut your mouth... Vin Diesel is an A-List actor as is the other people in those movies that I can't seem to remember their names.... :D

Yeah and in The Last Samurai, he made no effort to look or sound Japanese. Pathetic.
Hahahaha... you're hilarious, Dude... but in that movie he wasn't playing a Japanese soldier, but was playing an American who was captured by the Japanese Samurai but embrace their culture and tradition. A bit of a difference....

The Last Samurai was a decent film that he was in as was Tropic Thunder (small role) even though I thought Robert Downey's character was the best....

·
Registered
607 Posts
Oh yess!

THIS!

I havent seen a ninja movie in ages :(
There were ninjas in the last Samurai Pam! The perfect chickflick eh?:clap2:
All it needed was a good car chase and some gratuitous (female) nudity and it would have been a classic!

(It was shot in New Zealand by the way and doesn't the old country look fine?... he was a gracious guest in NZ and charmed everybody, a real star in the old fashioned sense)

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.