Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm going to be applying for a Tier 4 visa shortly to undertake a post-graduate degree and my husband will be applying for a PBS dependent visa to join me (we're both Canadian nationals).

The issue we are having is that he previously held a tier 5 youth mobility visa (this was about 5 years ago) but no longer has the information on it (his passport with the information was destroyed in an accident) or records of his national insurance number.

It looks like there are ways to request this information but they may take several weeks. We were planning a major trip in August and were hoping to get our visas sorted in July, but if we have to wait for these documents, we won't be able to do that.

Does anyone have any advice? If we explain that the information on his previous visa was lost will that be accepted or do we need to track it down? Any suggestions welcome - we'll be really disappointed if we have to cancel our trip...

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
His previous Tier 5 YMS visa is of little relevance to his new application as PBS dependant, so a simple statement should suffice. His NINo isn't a required item.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.