Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While ILR is a long way off for me, I was wanting to prepare ahead of time to reduce the stress of when it's time to apply.

I read somewhere that we'll need to provide the financial evidence from both the initial application and also the renewal, is that true? Because while I was gathering paperwork to stick into my ever-growing immigration folder, 3 out of 6 of the bank statements we provided for my visa application are missing... I had them back in Canada, but somehow they didn't make it over here and my former roommates haven't seen them. :( So I have no idea what happened to them.

One of those bank statements came from an HSBC bank account my husband no longer has. And since we moved last month, he already changed his address with his current bank account, so even if he got those statements reissued they're not going to show the address he was living at when we applied :(

Any ideas on what to do?

·
Registered
39,126 Posts
You only need documents necessary to meet the requirement at that time, not previous evidence. So for example, if you are going for ILR, you only need bank statement going back 6 months (Cat A) or 12 months (Cat B).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.