Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
happy new year from mutscat,hi i am moving to egypt end of feb and was hopeful somebody could tell me what i need to do about health care???:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey there, Maiden Scotland,

I've been living in China for a few years now and recently joined my insurance broker (I made the transition from client to employee).
Here in China health care for expats can be extremely expensive if you don't speak any mandarin. Are things similar in Egypt? I'd be quite interested to hear how things work there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My company's HQ and I am based in Beijing.

We have a fair knowledge of how health care works here, but a lot of clients and prospects ask how things would work in other countries. I know what my suppliers and bosses tell me (and I trust them). It would still make me feel better if I could get some sort of confirmation from independent, uninterested parties. I'm also a very curious guy.

I say I am a broker because maybe people might become interested, but this isn't the main reason I am here.

Can I simply join the debates, ask questions and offer advice? Am I breaking any rules here? You've gotten me very curious now. Can we chat over IM?

And since I'm at it, is there a big difference of costs between hospitals and clinics where the staff HAS to speak English and those where they only speak Arabic? I am sincerely curious

BTW, BUPA is a very good company. We work with them.

Cheers,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts