Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I made a small blunder when submitting my ACS ecaluation instead of putting my job title as Software Engineering Analyst (which is on official papers) I had put it as Software Engineer. They actually are one and the same designations the company had changed them mid way through my stint in the place which is why I made the mistake.

Since ACS has evaluated my profile is it okay to have the same title in my EOI as Software Engineer? or should I go ahead with Software Engineering Analyst? Any help or suggestions would really be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
So I made a small blunder when submitting my ACS ecaluation instead of putting my job title as Software Engineering Analyst (which is on official papers) I had put it as Software Engineer. They actually are one and the same designations the company had changed them mid way through my stint in the place which is why I made the mistake.

Since ACS has evaluated my profile is it okay to have the same title in my EOI as Software Engineer? or should I go ahead with Software Engineering Analyst? Any help or suggestions would really be appreciated.
a) Do you have any official letter stating your designation as "Software Engineer"? If not, then contact ACS and get their view.
b) If ans to (a) is yes, then use that along with another letter which can confirm that designation now is "Latest" designation. You can get such letter from HR. After that use the designation issued by ACS during evaluation and add in notes about both designations.
c) No one is going to believe your word that "they are one and same" till you have any official proof.

DO NOT SUBMIT EOI till you are able to justify this difference in designations

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a) Do you have any official letter stating your designation as "Software Engineer"? If not, then contact ACS and get their view.
b) If ans to (a) is yes, then use that along with another letter which can confirm that designation now is "Latest" designation. You can get such letter from HR. After that use the designation issued by ACS during evaluation and add in notes about both designations.
c) No one is going to believe your word that "they are one and same" till you have any official proof.

DO NOT SUBMIT EOI till you are able to justify this difference in designations
Yes. My original offer letter that I have does say Software Engineer. So to avoid any issues I can submit my offer letter to DIBP if I get an invite?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well sharma1981 thanks for encouraging me to write to ACS. I asked them if they could make a minor change in the assessment result and I did accept that I entered the title wrong and both the positions actually mean the same thing. They were really nice enough to amend the assessment result and give me a new pdf with the changed title.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Well sharma1981 thanks for encouraging me to write to ACS. I asked them if they could make a minor change in the assessment result and I did accept that I entered the title wrong and both the positions actually mean the same thing. They were really nice enough to amend the assessment result and give me a new pdf with the changed title.
Thats awesome. ALl the best

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.