Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband, our son and I are about to move into an apartment in Dubai. Everything is signed and paid up - 1 cheque in advance through my husbands company.

The problem is that, yesterday my husband was contacted by the letting agent asking our permision for the landlady to enter the property to check if the cleaning had been done prior to us moving in which he give gladly. However, when my husband arrived at the property he discovered another agent showing a prospective BUYER around our newly leased home (which we are due to move into this week).

We immediately contacted the letting agent who replied that they had no knowledge that the apartment was for sale and that it was not for sale through them. They did confirm that the landlady had admitted that it was for sale.

We feel totally duped and unsure of our position now. We have signed a 12 month lease and fully paid up front. Does anyone know what our rights are at all? Our furniture was delivered to the apartment yesterday, we have begun to put curtains up, water has been connected etc.

Any advice would be greatly received.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Hi,

They can sell the property but your lease will continue, the new owner will take over the rental amount or get it re0funded by the current owner.

You will move in as planned, once you have moved in make sure you co-ordinate with current owner so you are not disturbed for viewings e.t.c

they can sell the property with you in it, it will not effect you, this is between the owner and buyer....

make sure you have all sets of keys for the property so people dont walk in on you...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. To be honest, the last thing we want is to accomodate viewings but ofcourse we will.

We just wanted to settle down into our new home and new life in Dubai.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I know its a pain, but best to keep a good relationship with current owner, but dont be trampled on....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.