Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Looks like you posted it as soon as it came online :)
Thanks for the information....

I guess this will spark off tonnes of discussions on this topic...
I wonder what will happen to priority processing for CSL applications once the CSL is revoked...

Cheers,
Maverick

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does not look like good news- especially the stuff about 'capping' GSM visas from 2007.
Does anybody know what this could mean for people like me who applied in Dec 2008 and don't have family/job sponsorship?
sarah

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does not look like good news- especially the stuff about 'capping' GSM visas from 2007.
Does anybody know what this could mean for people like me who applied in Dec 2008 and don't have family/job sponsorship?
sarah
i don't think you will be hurt.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bad news guys they have revoke the MODL and CSL. :( what is the pass mark of point test? does any body have idea regarding that ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
they have not revoked CSL only MODL, but CSL will be revoked as the new SOL will be released end of April 2010.

The pass mark for the point system is still at 120 for subclass 175.

The question now is about the priority processing, what's the situation, I was going to apply tomorrow, and I am on CSL, the 175 comes in a low rank of processing priority.

I have already sent an email to my agent and I will let all know how things will be.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they have not revoked CSL only MODL, but CSL will be revoked as the new SOL will be released end of April 2010.

The pass mark for the point system is still at 120 for subclass 175.

The question now is about the priority processing, what's the situation, I was going to apply tomorrow, and I am on CSL, the 175 comes in a low rank of processing priority.

I have already sent an email to my agent and I will let all know how things will be.
Hi Omar,
Can you do me a favor? . I have already got a ACS skill assessment with MODL points. Can you ask him how they going to give a new points for 175. Following are my details.
Age 28.
ACS got a positive assessment (have a experience more that 5 years in .NET technologies )
IELTS 6.0 or 6.5 (I’ll do in 20th Feb)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hello Pgb, this link will explain to you the new point test

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/faq-points-test.pdf

I will sure pass the question for my agent but i doubt if he would consult through me!

Good Luck (for me too!!)

Regards,

M. Azmy

Hi Omar,
Can you do me a favor? . I have already got a ACS skill assessment with MODL points. Can you ask him how they going to give a new points for 175. Following are my details.
Age 28.
ACS got a positive assessment (have a experience more that 5 years in .NET technologies )
IELTS 6.0 or 6.5 (I’ll do in 20th Feb)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hi all,

Its a long list of docs, read all but not sure about mine case.

I am on CSL/MODL, have send my paperbased 175 application on 22nd Jan'10, but so far not got any acknowledgment, as per the new policy, current applicants are not affected by the changes.

Confused can I count myself in process applicant category or not as I haven't recieved any Ack.

Thx!

·
Registered
96 Posts
hmm... bad news guys..

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hello,

There is a lot of misunderstanding/misinterpretation about the changes already! Please read the announcements carefully so that you know when and how you will be affected!

I have written a summary of the changes and it can be found on my website [link removed by moderator to comply with forum rules].
http://sortoutmyvisa.com/blog/

But my summary does not go into detail about people who are in Australia on graduate or student visas, so if you are in that position you should make sure you do read ALL of the announcements properly so that you are aware of where you stand and what deadlines you are facing.

In general, if you can apply for a visa do so ASAP and particularly before mid 2010 (which probably means 1 July 2010, but nobody knows)!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Only two solutions you have. get a 7.0 in IELTS for all the parts or else get a state sponsoreship.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hello,

There is a lot of misunderstanding/misinterpretation about the changes already! Please read the announcements carefully so that you know when and how you will be affected!

I have written a summary of the changes and it can be found on my website [link removed by moderator to comply with forum rules].
http://sortoutmyvisa.com/blog/

But my summary does not go into detail about people who are in Australia on graduate or student visas, so if you are in that position you should make sure you do read ALL of the announcements properly so that you are aware of where you stand and what deadlines you are facing.

In general, if you can apply for a visa do so ASAP and particularly before mid 2010 (which probably means 1 July 2010, but nobody knows)!
yes this quite cool,
do you know how much ia have to show to get state sponoreship?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for Veronica for the explainations.
With ref to the fact that GSM visas applied for before Sept 2007 will be capped and some not granted, does anybody have any indication what happens to GSM visas like mine, which sent in dec 2008 (but I don't have skill on CSL family or state sponsorship, I qualify through Australian work experience plus high IELTS scores) I know I am the lowest priority- I can wait but would be good to know if it's actually going to get processed!

thanks sarah

Any comments ppreciated!

sarah

·
Registered
619 Posts
Thanks for Veronica for the explainations.
With ref to the fact that GSM visas applied for before Sept 2007 will be capped and some not granted, does anybody have any indication what happens to GSM visas like mine, which sent in dec 2008 (but I don't have skill on CSL family or state sponsorship, I qualify through Australian work experience plus high IELTS scores) I know I am the lowest priority- I can wait but would be good to know if it's actually going to get processed!

thanks sarah

Any comments ppreciated!

sarah
To be honest Sarah nobody knows. My biggest fear, is that with the capping of 2007 grants, it sets a precedent for future years, meaning they can throw out groups of applicants from previous years if they feel like it. Maybe that's just the pessimistic conspiracy theorist in me, but nothing would surprise me with DIAC anymore.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Oooooh ... What happened to DIAC today... SOl .... Bang.. MODL ... Bang.. CSL ... Bang Bang..

I hope they are not planning any more bangs.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I'll agree with you here, in the past you were put you in a queue if you reached any capped visa (usually parent visa), and you eventually got your visa. They'll refund your application fee, but you don't get the time back (even if you were waiting years).

To be honest Sarah nobody knows. My biggest fear, is that with the capping of 2007 grants, it sets a precedent for future years, meaning they can throw out groups of applicants from previous years if they feel like it. Maybe that's just the pessimistic conspiracy theorist in me, but nothing would surprise me with DIAC anymore.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Hello Guys,

If any body can advice. I was thinking of applying for skill assessment and as every body knows that SOL will be changed in april 2010. should I apply now or should i wait. can any body advise me. I am confused what will happen if my occupation is removed in April. Does this changed SOL will effect the state sponsorship occupation list.
Does any body has any idea ?

Regards
Muhammad Ali

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
You'll still need an assessment even if you wait for the new SOL. So if you still intend to move to AU then you need to complete the skills assessment.

There are alot of new changes and even the migration agents are still digesting it.

I think this will hit the trades and marginal applicants much more than the professionals (Engineers, Doctors, Nurses).

I did my first reading of the changes last night, but will probably need to read them 2-3 times more before really getting the full implications.

I'd request anyone asking about the new changes to reference a specific doc from the changes (cut/paste would be good too) so we can give good answers. It's alot to remember.

Changes aren't done yet, I expect more shakes-ups in the May-July time period.

Hello Guys,

If any body can advice. I was thinking of applying for skill assessment and as every body knows that SOL will be changed in april 2010. should I apply now or should i wait. can any body advise me. I am confused what will happen if my occupation is removed in April. Does this changed SOL will effect the state sponsorship occupation list.
Does any body has any idea ?

Regards
Muhammad Ali

1 - 20 of 86 Posts