Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just today only I joined this forum. I have decided to apply for Australian PR under 189 category. Some of my details are following :

1- Age - 28
2- B.Tech(I.T) degree from a recognized university in India
3- 5.5 yrs of Work Exp in Software Industry(4 yrs in India + 1.5 in Malaysia)
4- I'm a Java Programmer by profession
5- Not yet given IELTS, just scheduled to be given in coming Dec.

I have the following questions, some of them might be very basic as I don't have much information about Australian PR :

1- Based upon current statistics what should be the minimum score needed to get the final invite for PR-189 under Software Engg. category? I know the minimum score needed to apply is 60.

2- Can I check online whether the sealing has been reached in this category or not? How many people already applied are in the pool & what are their scores?

3- What would be a safe score to get the final invite for PR-189 under Software Engg. category?

-Thanks
Arjun Choudhury

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Monika,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply, appreciate it a lot. The links which you have posted are very helpful.

-Regards,
Arjun Choudhury

·
Registered
113 Posts
For example, to get an invite in the 4 November 2013 invitation round, you either had to have 65+ points or a date of effect before 1/7/2013 5.22 pm.
Hi Monica,

Sorry for reopening an old thread...I have some question related to visa date of effect mentioned in EOI round result.

As I can see from 12th May Round Result at SkillSelect - 12 May Round Results , visa date of effect for 2613 applicantions is 29th April. Does that mean someone with 60 points may get the invitation if he/she applied just before 29th April, say 15th April?

It would be very helpful if you can clarify this?

~ MS

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Hi Monica, Sorry for reopening an old thread...I have some question related to visa date of effect mentioned in EOI round result. As I can see from 12th May Round Result at SkillSelect - 12 May Round Results , visa date of effect for 2613 applicantions is 29th April. Does that mean someone with 60 points may get the invitation if he/she applied just before 29th April, say 15th April? It would be very helpful if you can clarify this? ~ MS
What is the current cut off score for that occupation and when did you lodge your EOI?

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi MS,

As I can see from 12th May Round Result at SkillSelect - 12 May Round Results , visa date of effect for 2613 applicantions is 29th April. Does that mean someone with 60 points may get the invitation if he/she applied just before 29th April, say 15th April?
Yes, that's what it means. If the date of effect for 60-pointers is the 29th of April that means every applicant (except ICT Business and System Analysts, which are still under pro-rata arrangements) who submitted up to that date was invited. In addition, everybody with a higher score also received the invite.

By the way, the current date of effect (per 26 May 2014 report) is the 10th of May. The wait seems to be really short at the moment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts