Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I work as a mountain guide (accompagnatrice) and have recently bought a 9 seater minibus to transport my clients to the trail head etc (not airport transfers). Do I require any specific paperwork in France? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Minibus

Thank you for the reply!

So reading the info:

Le permis de conduire de la catégorie D autorise la conduite des véhicules conçus et construits pour le transport de plus de 8 passagers, non compris le conducteur.

I interpret this as your vehicle needs to be carrying 'more' than 8 not including the driver. So my minibus has 9 seats, I am the driver so that leaves 8 seats, so therefore, as it not 'more' than 8 passengers I think my normal license is ok?

How would you interpret the text? Thanks for any guidance!

·
Administrator
50,895 Posts
That's how I read it, too. But you'll also probably have to register the vehicle as a "company owned vehicle" (depending on how your business is set up). That may do the trick - but I'd definitely speak to your insurance agent to see what adjustment might be in order for the policy.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hi, I work as a mountain guide (accompagnatrice) and have recently bought a 9 seater minibus to transport my clients to the trail head etc (not airport transfers). Do I require any specific paperwork in France? Thanks in advance.
Don't forget the proper insurance for you and for your passengers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You don't need to remove a seat. Minivan of 9 people are specifically designed to have the max of admissible passengers with a regular licence (permis B).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts