Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an Indian resident seeking a job in Australia.I have an experience of over 10 years in the field of Banking,presently designated as a Branch Head. Seeking suggestions for getting a PR and how to get started.

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you wish to get PR in Australia via the Skilled Independent/Nominated visa path (subclass 189 and 190) you'll need to check if your occupation is either on the medium/long-term or the short-term list, both of which can be found here:

MTLSSL: Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)

STSOL: Combined list of eligible skilled occupations

Depending on your factual qualification, you might take a closer look at the 222xxx occupation codes and check if they match your profile (i.e. Financial Broker, Financial Dealer, ...). Note however, that all those occupations are on the STSOL list, meaning that you can't apply for a subclass 189 (independent) visa but have to go for subclass 190 (state sponsorship).

Unfortunately as of today, only few states - mainly Tasmania and South Australia - sponsor subclass 190 visas in the 222xxx occupation codes. You can check at https://www.anzscosearch.com/search. This might change after July 1st.

Next you should check how many points in SkillSelect you are eligible to claim. Points are awarded for age, qualification, skilled employment, english skills and a few more criteria. You'll need to be able to claim at least 60 points if you wish to submit an expression of interest. Once you have submitted an EOI you'll need to wait to be invited to apply for a visa.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts