Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to invite the Expats which have already moved to Melbourne for their valuable guidance. Since other threads do talk about Sydney and other cities but there was no specific thread to discuss about Melbourne city living. Being a migrant from India I wish to get the inputs from seniors regarding the cost of living job opportunities cautions and related information. So lets begin this.:cool:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I would like to invite the Expats which have already moved to Melbourne for their valuable guidance. Since other threads do talk about Sydney and other cities but there was no specific thread to discuss about Melbourne city living. Being a migrant from India I wish to get the inputs from seniors regarding the cost of living job opportunities cautions and related information. So lets begin this.:cool:
wats your job code?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hey, it all depends on what are your preferences. Melbourne is a great place to settle down, relaxed and easygoing. Very unpredictable weather. It can be windy, rain and sunny all in one day. Not a great place if you're looking for a warm and consistent weather. On the other hand Sydney is huge, great weather, very busy lifestyle. Expensive than Melbourne though (Food, rent, transport wise). Job wise, Sydney is always way ahead. Goto SEEK - Australia's no. 1 jobs, employment, career and recruitment site and do a search for whatever role you're interested in and you'll see the difference on number of opportunities in these cities.
I have lived in Melbourne for 6.5 years and recently moved to Sydney for work. If given a chance I would love to move back to Melbourne. Finally, no matter what others say it all depends on personal experience. Until you leave in these cities you wouldn't know.

By the way Melbourne has been named world's most liveable city.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, it all depends on what are your preferences. Melbourne is a great place to settle down, relaxed and easygoing. Very unpredictable weather. It can be windy, rain and sunny all in one day. Not a great place if you're looking for a warm and consistent weather. On the other hand Sydney is huge, great weather, very busy lifestyle. Expensive than Melbourne though (Food, rent, transport wise). Job wise, Sydney is always way ahead. Goto seek and do a search for whatever role you're interested in and you'll see the difference on number of opportunities in these cities.
I have lived in Melbourne for 6.5 years and recently moved to Sydney for work. If given a chance I would love to move back to Melbourne. Finally, no matter what others say it all depends on personal experience. Until you leave in these cities you wouldn't know.

By the way Melbourne has been named world's most liveable city.
Great to see your guidance it means a lot to migrant like me to the very different world all together. Good to know the unexpected weather all the time there in Melbourne it will be fun I guess to deal such weather there. I have started browsing the seek for the prospective jobs in Melbourne city but I have one doubt if it will be possible to get offer right from here in India or I need to land to Australia to apply and get interviewed. Since I learnt in other pages that if you start contacting recruiter overseas you are actually exhausting them with no benefit which could be of great help later when you are available in Australia. What you suggest in this context ?:confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts