Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone going?! I know Gavtek is... where are my fellow geeks?! I used to frequent cons back home (game, anime, comic.. attended San Diego Comicon for many years) for pleasure and a bit of business too...

I can only go on Friday, so maybe I'll see some of you there... I'll be wearing a zombie shirt. :p

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Why Dubai? Why? Comic-Con should stay in the US where it started and Dubai should just stop this sillyness. That being said, don't think I will be going.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are comicons all over the world. Geeks are everywhere!

Although now I think my plans have failed... I never bought tickets and just tried online now but they are closed. Would they sell tickets at the door?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
There are comicons all over the world. Geeks are everywhere!

Although now I think my plans have failed... I never bought tickets and just tried online now but they are closed. Would they sell tickets at the door?
When are you going Jinx, I might join you as I always wanted to attend those geeky things :p

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Was there. Wasn't interesting.

Granted, I'm not part of the paint figurines and spend too much time watching Anime in any case - was out of interest.

It was the first one, so it'll probably become better each time. But it was too small a venue.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I was surprised by the turnout, but I think there's a good potential for next year's event.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I was there for a short period of time as it sucked ... the upper floor was worse !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts