Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
We have one of each. At night, the bed, for the afternoon siesta sometimes the hammock.

As to the trolling question, it is a little surprising that someone born in Mexico would be this poorly informed as to how things are in Mexico.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Apparently not. But I know several people who were born in Mexico but raised in the US and they all still have a certain knowledge of Mexican customs and how life is back in Mexico.
But knowing several people doesn't mean that all people have knowledge

·
Registered
672 Posts
Apparently not. But I know several people who were born in Mexico but raised in the US and they all still have a certain knowledge of Mexican customs and how life is back in Mexico.
Not limited to estranged Mexicans. A great number of gringos with experience limited to visiting Tijuana and getting buzzed on margaritas, eating a plate of nachos, and having their picture taken atop one of the famed zebras often come back with expert opinions on all things Mexican.

·
Banned
1,411 Posts
A legitimate question. An older hotel I stayed at in Cozumel had rings in the walls to hang hammocks to sleep extra people.

·
Registered
45 Posts
A legitimate question. An older hotel I stayed at in Cozumel had rings in the walls to hang hammocks to sleep extra people.
Even if he'd asked "Do some Mexicans sleep in hammocks instead of beds?" it would still be a child-like question as some people who are <insert any nationality> sleep in hammocks.

It's a bit akin to asking if Indians sleep on a bed of nails or mats on the ground. :p

·
Banned
1,411 Posts
When people first begin to consider moving to Mexico naturally they have a lot of questions from cops to eating to sleeping. Ridiculing them is not a very good way of welcoming them to this forum. Hammocks are very common here, I see them on porches everywhere. Perhaps this poster did as well. Where else are newcomers to ask all of the numerous questions that they have? Hammocks are cheaper, cooler and easy to clean and wash.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
What differene does it make how people sleep.. there are mattresses and hammocks and each person can do what she or he wants. This is not a dictature or a jail.. I can tell you that in jail I would have been happy with a hammock..as you sleep on a cement slab no mattress no hammock..so there are other alternative, you can also sleep on a petate if you like hard ground or planks with a bunch of blankets..

In the Yucatan in the country people sleep in hammocks and not in bed , in Merida they do whatever feels good to them.

·
Banned
1,411 Posts
It makes no difference at all other than the poster had a question and then was called a troll and compared to a politician that a person didn't like. That is not what this forum is supposed to do, we are supposed to share information and help others who are considering moving here.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just to clarify, yes i was born in Mexico, came to the USA at 2 yrs & never returned.i do not know much about living in Mexico. I think like an american. The reason for the bed question is i was wondering if you slept in a bed you'd sweat to death from the humidity. I have never slept in a hammock. Was on one at a friends house & the ropes dug into my back.

·
Super Moderator
9,120 Posts
Just to clarify, yes i was born in Mexico, came to the USA at 2 yrs & never returned.i do not know much about living in Mexico. I think like an american. The reason for the bed question is i was wondering if you slept in a bed you'd sweat to death from the humidity. I have never slept in a hammock. Was on one at a friends house & the ropes dug into my back.
Not all of Mexico is hot and humid. Mexico City weather is usually warm/cool and dry, except during the rainy season, of course ;) .

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.