Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First can I say thanks to you all for all the information on this forum. You are making my iminent move so much easier!

One thing though - does anyone use the Metro on a regular basis? Do you find it reliable? effective option to avoiding congestion?

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
First can I say thanks to you all for all the information on this forum. You are making my iminent move so much easier!

One thing though - does anyone use the Metro on a regular basis? Do you find it reliable? effective option to avoiding congestion?
Well..... I do take the Metro fairly regularly (MOE to Financial Centre)..... At the times I travel it generally is not very busy. Quite reliable and comfortable.

The only problem is that not all stations are open - so generally the walks are a bit long to/from the station for me.But given that the weather is good esp. in the evening, I don't mind the walk (I usually take the taxi in the mornings). Also, for a journey which takes me end to end 15 mins by car, the metro takes 45-50 mins end to end taking into account the walk, the wait for trains, and the journey times. Once all stations open, I guess it will be c. 30 mins for me

The rest of the stations were to open some time in Feb - but the RTA has maintaining a deafening silence on the opening dates

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well..... I do take the Metro fairly regularly (MOE to Financial Centre)..... At the times I travel it generally is not very busy. Quite reliable and comfortable.

The only problem is that not all stations are open - so generally the walks are a bit long to/from the station for me.But given that the weather is good esp. in the evening, I don't mind the walk (I usually take the taxi in the mornings). Also, for a journey which takes me end to end 15 mins by car, the metro takes 45-50 mins end to end taking into account the walk, the wait for trains, and the journey times. Once all stations open, I guess it will be c. 30 mins for me

The rest of the stations were to open some time in Feb - but the RTA has maintaining a deafening silence on the opening dates
Thanks Rsinner, good to hear you have no serious worries.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.