Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
ExpatForum.com Editor
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two men, one of them a solicitor, who set up bogus companies and issued pay slips and wage payments have been jailed for helping people stay illegally in the UK by making it look as if they had well paid jobs. Registered solicitor Srinath Aredla, 39, and Santosh Koletti, 33, both of Hounslow in London [...]

Click to read the full news article: Men jailed in UK visa jobs scam...
Please come back to discuss the story here in this thread.

·
Registered
631 Posts
It seems UKBA us issuing press releases for procescutions a lot recently. I can't decide if it is good or bad for the expat community. The upside is that they are visibly doing something, the downside is that it helps with anti immigrant fever (if some are breaking the law all must be).

Hopefully this will show the gov't is working on immigration without putting all of us under a microscope.

M

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I'm all for the UKBA enforcing existing laws against visa abuse! I too watch the UKBA new pages and am happy every time they announce they've arrested, prosecuted, jailed, and/or deported yet another abuser whether it was work, study, or relationship visa abuse. Grrrr, to me it's a victory for genuine immigrants.

I do know what Mehemlynn means about anti-immigrant fever. I'd like to think the more it's publicised that abusers are being caught and removed, the better it can be for genuine immigrants but sometimes the comments on news pieces lead me to think the other way. A little scary at times, that vehemence. Ok, sometimes a lot scary. Maybe a thread topic?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.