Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone; I’m in need of your help. I’m dedicated to moving to Calgary in 2016 next year to finally become reunited with my partner however I have a fairly significant concern; I’m worried about whether I’d be able to find a job in Calgary in my profession (accounting/finance/consulting).

My current plan is to attempt to find a job before I arrive because that would make things substantially easier as I would have an income & visa would be easier to obtain, not to mention that I would be able to also apply for immigration through express entry as that adds a significant amount of points. Currently, I’m also in the process of obtaining a working holiday visa through IEC in order to get my job applications acknowledged but I’m not entirely sure how much that would help in that aspect.

Just a little background information about myself; I’m 21 years old and have only just graduated from The University of Melbourne with a Bachelor of Commerce, majoring in accounting and finance. I’ve had a solid 1.5 years of full-time experience in finance & business development in a huge global company (Loreal) and 4 years of part-time work experience in retail & customer service.

I was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction or would know of any open positions/someone hiring. I’d love any sort of pointers or tips regarding this as Calgary doesn’t seem to have much information for expats.

Thanks,
Michael

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.