Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi we are thinking off moving to Melbourne due to my husbands job. I am looking at schools as I have 3 children and 2 are aged 3 and 5. Can I ask what age do they start school? What fees are involved? I have looked at the Victoria education website and clicked on the info for a few schools but all say no to international students. What school would my children go to? Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
In Victoria there are no additional fees at government schools aside from uniforms, excursions, etc. Other states charge tuition fees for those on work visas (and their dependents) but Victoria does not.

To enroll your child in a primary school, they need to have turned five by 30 April of the year that they will start school. They must be enrolled in primary school in the year in which they turn six by law.

Government schools are zoned according to where you live. Once you decide on a suburb, you can look into the schools in that area to see what your options are. Alternatively, you can send your children to a private school but you will be responsible for paying tuition fees, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts