Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My husband is pursuing a transfer to Melbourne and I am trying to find out what the public school fees are for expats. I understand that schools have a minor fee of approx. $450-600 per student per year, but I also read somewhere that schools might charge more tuition depending on ones residency and visa type. If we do move to Melbourne, we will have work visas but not permanent residency.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
M

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I think you should contact a few public schools in MEL and ask what their tuition is for foreign students who are no AU PRs. In SYD I have heard it's about $8-10k per child / yr so you do need to check into this ASAP. Considering the cost it might be worth it to apply for PR sooner if your children are going to go to public school.

Hi All,

My husband is pursuing a transfer to Melbourne and I am trying to find out what the public school fees are for expats. I understand that schools have a minor fee of approx. $450-600 per student per year, but I also read somewhere that schools might charge more tuition depending on ones residency and visa type. If we do move to Melbourne, we will have work visas but not permanent residency.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
M

1 - 2 of 2 Posts