Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

People who have already reached Melbourne:

How is it going there? getting responses at Job front? liking it there ??

People who are yet to move:

Hows the preparation? tickets booked?? When are you moving? Getting cold feet already :D ??

Am moving in June 2nd Week... all nervous and anxious :confused2:

Happ!

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have not got my visa yet but planned to fly sometime in June...have you arranged for your accommodation?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not got my visa yet but planned to fly sometime in June...have you arranged for your accommodation?
I see your medicals are already done around end of march, why is it not yet approved?

I am trying to arrange the accommodation with my friends already living there. but will find one for myself in a couple of months.

Let me know, whenever you finalize your plan to fly. All the best for your Grant!!

Happ!

·
Registered
628 Posts
I see your medicals are already done around end of march, why is it not yet approved?

I am trying to arrange the accommodation with my friends already living there. but will find one for myself in a couple of months.

Let me know, whenever you finalize your plan to fly. All the best for your Grant!!

Happ!
Yes I will share my final travel plans. and yes my meds are finalised on 2nd April and still waiting for final grant.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I will share my final travel plans. and yes my meds are finalised on 2nd April and still waiting for final grant.
Definitely should be anytime now :) .. But i know this waiting period kills...:ranger:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hey Guys,

People who have already reached Melbourne:

How is it going there? getting responses at Job front? liking it there ??

People who are yet to move:

Hows the preparation? tickets booked?? When are you moving? Getting cold feet already :D ??

Am moving in June 2nd Week... all nervous and anxious :confused2:

Happ!
Cool - Are you planning for just visa validation? or permanent move?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool - Are you planning for just visa validation? or permanent move?
Permanent move. Moving alone first, wife would follow in 3-4 months though.

Happ!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Definitely should be anytime now :) .. But i know this waiting period kills...:ranger:
Got it at last buddy. thanks a lot for your help.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got it at last buddy. thanks a lot for your help.
hahaha.... Goood.. .told ya... it could be anytime now.. ;) Congratss!!

So wats the plan?? when are you flying? arranged your initial stay?

Congrats again!
Happ!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Alas booked my tickets for 4th of MAY. Would be staying with family friends till i find an accomodation. PLanning to bring wife and kids after securing own accomodation. Also in talks with a few recruiter to schedule interviews. Hopefully things fall into place soon

·
Registered
628 Posts
hahaha.... Goood.. .told ya... it could be anytime now.. ;) Congratss!!

So wats the plan?? when are you flying? arranged your initial stay?

Congrats again!
Happ!
will stay at friend's house for a month or so and try to find a job within that time :) didn't exactly plan when to fly. not sure want to quit job n go or take a long leave. how abt u? quit n go?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
will stay at friend's house for a month or so and try to find a job within that time :) didn't exactly plan when to fly. not sure want to quit job n go or take a long leave. how abt u? quit n go?
Yep.... more or less quit and go... last day is on 28th May... Flying on 8th June. although, am still trying to arrange my accommodation.. dont have many friends there :(

Happ!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey... yea getting a job would be on radar as soon as we land... Lets keep in touch here and we can plan to talk/meet when in melbourne... we might be able to help each other with the job hunt...

Happ!!

Im heading to Melbourne and have booked my tickets on 18th May . My first task is getting a job . Would be gr8 if we could share information on to target .:)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi just received a confirmation letter to get my medicals and police clearance. I will have my medicals and police checks done this week. If ever i submitter the documents by next week, how many weeks or month should I wait tonhave my visa grant?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Planing to move in mid June along with my family, permanently. :)
cool... I would be there by mid june as well.. would you be finding a job there as well? What industry you work in?

Happ!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I planned for my initial entry for mid of may. I will be staying in Melbourne but I will have to try for a job in Adelaide (SA Sponsored 176). We can plan to meet in melbourne if possible.

1 - 20 of 257 Posts