We are looking for accomodation in Box hill south and Blackburn
Does it have indian neighbourhood?
How are primary public schools there...
Wiold be thankful if can get some feedback on this. :fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,
Me and my spouse got PR and now we are also planning to settle in Melbourne. We do not have any place initially to stay after arrival in Australia. Need suggestions for short stay apartments.

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi,
Me and my spouse got PR and now we are also planning to settle in Melbourne. We do not have any place initially to stay after arrival in Australia. Need suggestions for short stay apartments.

Thanks
You can try Quest Serviced apartments. They are very neat and located in heart of the city.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Many thanks. But what about other cheaper options? Quest is chrging like $150 per night :(
Best bet would be to start renting from day 1. If you have a friend here , who can help you find a good place for lease and keep everything ready when you arrive.

If that's not an option, get a temporary stay in one of the serviced apartments for a week to 10 days and by that time you should be able to find yourself a lease.

There are loads of search engines out there that would help you find the best place.

Domain would be my go to choice.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Best bet would be to start renting from day 1. If you have a friend here , who can help you find a good place for lease and keep everything ready when you arrive.

If that's not an option, get a temporary stay in one of the serviced apartments for a week to 10 days and by that time you should be able to find yourself a lease.

There are loads of search engines out there that would help you find the best place.

Domain would be my go to choice.
You cannot rent from Day 1, practically impossible.
Also, Quest is very expensive. Check out Airbnb for a couple of weeks then look at some rental option.

·
Registered
150 Posts
You cannot rent from Day 1, practically impossible.
That;s right and even when you are here, it's quite hard to find an independent accommodation from the real estate agents as you have to claim points that includes providing rental history in Australia and a clean track record which takes a while to build up.

Reactions: tusharvatsa

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hi,

Thanks
Since you are looking for a short stay, assuming you would rent a house eventually, it would be worthwhile estimating the duration of your short stay. It can easily take you a couple of months to find the right rental home. A rental home application in Oz requires rental history, a stable source of income, and good references. For a new immigrant, it can get difficult/lengthy.
Moreover, if you looking for a job, you'd first want to settle your job location before finding a rental home.

If you are OK to share the house with others, there are several house shares available upto $200 a week. You will have your own bedroom, and a shared kitchen/living area.
Check the gum tree website.

·
Registered
411 Posts
You can also upfront look for lease breaks. This ad on gum tree (Ad ID 1080355101) offers a 1BHK for $260 / week which is not bad.

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
That;s right and even when you are here, it's quite hard to find an independent accommodation from the real estate agents as you have to claim points that includes providing rental history in Australia and a clean track record which takes a while to build up.
What a lot of people do (and what I did) was to rent short-term accommodation through Airbnb for a month or two and then use that landlord/owner as your Australian rental contact. It wasn't a problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts