Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Melbourne Calling - 2018

This is for a group of people moving to melbourne in JAN 2018 onwards

if anyone please let me know. we can plan many things together like stay, job search, flights etc.

i am moving in Jan first week 2018

Reactions: sunil.sunil.thapa

·
Registered
95 Posts
Don't have a grant yet but just subscribing to the thread.

Won't the flight tickets be very expensive during first week of Jan??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NP. Welcome

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks what i have been told too.. i am waiting for grant, and planning to move by mid-Feb.
School opens end of Jan and thats when most people are expected to be back and start work.

Hi Folks...planning to move to Mel by Jan 3rd week, and start looking for a job. I am told the job market would be cold during the Nov-Jan period. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
36 Posts
This is for a group of people moving to melbourne in JAN 2018 onwards

if anyone please let me know. we can plan many things together like stay, job search, flights etc.

i am moving in Jan first week 2018
Waiting for the grant. If I get it before end of November, then I will be travelling first or second week of January.

·
Registered
54 Posts
what are the chances of getting a job and no permanent house stay over there? meaning i stay at the backpackers first till i get a job? then only i rent a place to stay?

·
Registered
165 Posts
what are the chances of getting a job and no permanent house stay over there? meaning i stay at the backpackers first till i get a job? then only i rent a place to stay?

When is the most economical month for air travel for visa validation? Would it be worth to just land in the West coast to save?

Reactions: bkreationz

·
Registered
6 Posts
I booked my tickets in Nov (9 - 17) for a validation trip to Sydney. In general, the tickets are cheaper in Nov before the holiday rush. I got it for around INR 27K/540 AUD

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi All

I have booked my tickets to Melbourne for 22nd Jan 2018.

However i have no idea where to go after landing at airport.

Can we have some whatsApp group?

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
What exactly is a visa validation? Have read this term multiple times. Not 100% sure I know what it implies.
The visa comes with 2 dates "Must enter before" and "Must not arrive after". Validation (trip) is you traveling to Australia to honor the former one (Must enter before also known as IED). Put simply, if you cannot move permanently to Australia by the IED, you should make a short trip (visa validation trip) by this date.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks much KeeDa! That pretty much clarifies that my upcoming trip is indeed a validation trip. ?

Am doing a validation trip (turned into a vacation ?)with family in Nov. And I will move (alone) to Mel by Jan end, to look for a job.

Any thoughts on shared accommodation in Mel? I am told the eastern suburbs are better. What's the avg rent per week? Thoughts/ideas/tips welcome!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Melbourne

Hello Guys,

Subscrribed. Planning to move by 2018 Starting.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Thanks much KeeDa! That pretty much clarifies that my upcoming trip is indeed a validation trip. ?

Am doing a validation trip (turned into a vacation ?)with family in Nov. And I will move (alone) to Mel by Jan end, to look for a job.

Any thoughts on shared accommodation in Mel? I am told the eastern suburbs are better. What's the avg rent per week? Thoughts/ideas/tips welcome!
Yes, that would be the validation trip for you all.

I don't have much idea about MEL, but eastern suburbs are better and hence are expensive as well. You should be able to find shared accommodation on gumtree, airbnb, facebook groups, etc.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts