Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
does anybody know the penallty for not leaving the philippinnes after a stay of 18 months. the problem is that i forgot and to make it worse i forgot big time. i would like to know before hand so i can make plans for the worse. thanks for you're time

mike

·
Registered
29 Posts
google search for "over staying in philippines" The Bureau of Immigration has the answer you need. if you are on tourist visa, I believe it says 500 P per month. Sorry I am not allow to post link here.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
does anybody know the penallty for not leaving the philippinnes after a stay of 18 months. the problem is that i forgot and to make it worse i forgot big time. i would like to know before hand so i can make plans for the worse. thanks for ur time

mike
Hi Mike,

It's not too big of a deal and paying the fines will not land you in jail. There will be a fine for overstaying plus you will need to pay the past due amount for the months that you have been here.
Have a "TRUSTED" travel agent find out the total amount for you and then go to the Immigration office in Manila to take care of it--problem solved. The BI website has some info but is usually outdated. So better straight from the horses mouth as it were:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts