Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I hope everyone had a nice weekend.

My fiancé (living in the UK) and I (living in the US) are looking to apply for our spousal visa, but we are trying to figure out if and how it is possible for me to help meet the financial requirement.

On his own, with his current job, he does not meet the requirement. He does have a significant amount of money saved, which he’s been saving for over six months but his savings alone might not be enough.

I had a couple of questions regarding the ways I could help meet that requirement.

As far as I understood, my gross annual income isn't going to be considered, but my savings will. I’m aware that the money must be in my bank account for at least 6 months. I am in the process of selling my house, and was wondering if that money could be applied to the financial requirement.

Another question is regarding my income from my current job, which I’ve had for over a year. I am lucky enough to have a job where I can work from any country, since everything is done online. I am in a two year contract with the company I work for as a self-employed contractor. If were to move to the UK, and open a bank account (not sure if it’s possible), I would just have to notify my place of employment. My fiancé also works for the same company. So, even though he lives in the UK, he is working for a company whose headquarters are in the US.

Would my income from my job be taken into consideration when I apply for my visa?

Is it possible for me to apply for a work visa?

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
18,066 Posts
Hi,

I hope everyone had a nice weekend.

My fiancé (living in the UK) and I (living in the US) are looking to apply for our spousal visa, but we are trying to figure out if and how it is possible for me to help meet the financial requirement.

On his own, with his current job, he does not meet the requirement. He does have a significant amount of money saved, which he’s been saving for over six months but his savings alone might not be enough.

I had a couple of questions regarding the ways I could help meet that requirement.

As far as I understood, my gross annual income isn't going to be considered, but my savings will. I’m aware that the money must be in my bank account for at least 6 months. I am in the process of selling my house, and was wondering if that money could be applied to the financial requirement.
Yes, the proceeds from selling your house can be used to meet the financial requirement. You'll have to have owned the house for at least 6 months prior to application.

Another question is regarding my income from my current job, which I’ve had for over a year. I am lucky enough to have a job where I can work from any country, since everything is done online. I am in a two year contract with the company I work for as a self-employed contractor. If were to move to the UK, and open a bank account (not sure if it’s possible), I would just have to notify my place of employment. My fiancé also works for the same company. So, even though he lives in the UK, he is working for a company whose headquarters are in the US.

Would my income from my job be taken into consideration when I apply for my visa?
I don't understand why you think this makes any difference. Your income doesn't count, period.

Is it possible for me to apply for a work visa?
Possible, but highly unlikely. You don't just apply for a work visa, you have to find an employer to sponsor you for a particular job. Tier 2 work visas are very difficult to qualify for. Your employer must sponsor you and unless the position is on the shortage occupation list, before they can offer you a job they must prove there is no one in the EU or UK that can fill the position. That's about 500 million people. Unless you have some rare and highly sought after skill, it's unlikely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.