Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I don't think that I am making the most of my time here. I have moved to Dubai only last year and have not been able to make friends that share the same interests and mind set as I do, partially because of my work which makes me travel a lot. So I feel as if I am missing on a lot on my time when I am here in Dubai. It would be nice to meet new people and share interests and experiences what do you think I should do ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi all,

I don't think that I am making the most of my time here. I have moved to Dubai only last year and have not been able to make friends that share the same interests and mind set as I do, partially because of my work which makes me travel a lot. So I feel as if I am missing on a lot on my time when I am here in Dubai. It would be nice to meet new people and share interests and experiences what do you think I should do ?
Sign up for some language classes or a course at a local institute. You will meet a lot of people you can connect with in an environment that doesn't make it feel too awkward. Once you get a couple of friends, getting other friends isn't that hard as you'll meet a lot of other new people i.e friends of friends and so on and so forth.

You could also join a book club or one of those meet up things they have going on in these parts, join a dance class, martial arts class or some other fun activity that involves different people coming together.

It gets better, we were all in your shoes at one point or the other...:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Cronus

Thanks for the suggestion and it did come to my mind at one point to join something on the lines that you have addressed in your post. I love anything physical and have been trained in martial arts so I guess I will join that here. Thanks for your reply once again. Hope to keep in touch :blush:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts