Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, everyone
I am actually a non-practicing solicitor and the fact that I also need your assistance suggests how complicated the UK immigration rules are. I though I knew it all ...lol... but now my wife needs to apply for her second spouse visa and the gov site does not answer all of the questions. NEED HELP

My wife's spouse visa is due to run out on 17 Jan 2018. we have one child born in UK (whos British passport we are about to apply for as I have ILR).

1. For using rental income solely, do I show the gross rental income (before mortgage repayments) or net (after mortgage payments)?

i.e. I get 25K rent out of which 13K is mortgage payment (Interest only mortgage) so which figure applies as many say it is the gross rental but there is nothing in the rules (6.2) which states that we can disregard mortgage payments (it only states management fee can be disregarded)?

2. How many years returns do I show? some say one year other says 2 so confused.

3. the visa runs out on 17 Jan 2017 so can I apply 28 days before that and what is the name of the visa?

4. Also is the requirement still £18600 or is it increased due to having one child born in this country?

thanks guys appreciate your input. :rockon:

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
3. The date she can apply for further leave to remain is not based on the date of visa expiry, but rather, how long she's been in the UK... She can apply when she has been in the UK on a spouse visa for 30 months (so if she entered on a spouse visa, start counting 30 months from her date of entry) minus 28 days. The visa extension application is called FLR(M)

4. Still 18,600. A British child doesn't raise the financial requirement and is not a dependant on the application

·
Registered
39,244 Posts
#1 Rental income before tax. Don't deduct mortgage payment.
#2 12 months.
#3 See sticky above. It's 28 days before the 30-month anniversary of UK arrival.
#4 Still the same, though the Tories have said they are going to increase the £18,600 threshold if they win.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.