Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my friends

Its a weird question to ask ( please forget the boundaries/rules for a minute) ..being a local girl are we not attractive for foreigners ? I get alot of flirting...but no action ! No .".i need your number " or " i like u a lot" i can see it in their eyes..but no words ! ..
i goo crazy over foreigners..aah the blue eyes or the blonde hair or their beautiful skin..and their mentality and morality suits me ..westerns are totally my type..and we engage easily together ( they get my jokes ) ..once i tried going to dinner with a british guy .( it took him courage ..after visiting my work place million of times , just to see me ..anyways it didnt work out..but we are still good friends

...its just i dont go to bars ( i dont drink).. what should i do..? To encourage any foreign to approach? ..*hint i dont wear abaya all the time, only for work purpose*

Thank you all in advance

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,965 Posts
Hello my friends

Its a weird question to ask ( please forget the boundaries/rules for a minute) ..being a local girl are we not attractive for foreigners ? I get alot of flirting...but no action ! No .".i need your number " or " i like u a lot" i can see it in their eyes..but no words ! ..
i goo crazy over foreigners..aah the blue eyes or the blonde hair or their beautiful skin..and their mentality and morality suits me ..westerns are totally my type..and we engage easily together ( they get my jokes ) ..once i tried going to dinner with a british guy .( it took him courage ..after visiting my work place million of times , just to see me ..anyways it didnt work out..but we are still good friends

...its just i dont go to bars ( i dont drink).. what should i do..? To encourage any foreign to approach? ..*hint i dont wear abaya all the time, only for work purpose*

Thank you all in advance
Hi,
I think many Western single men find Emirati ladies very attractive.
They just might be a bit frightened of your brothers!!
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I laughed alot ..thank you for responding ..see in these situations you need a smart women ..from my side ( i come from a family that has an open mentality ..they all studied abroad ) what i did ..is ..i introduced him to my brothers..as if he's my colleague in work..so now..if we are going out..we take him with us..extra brother in the road haha ..you guys need to stop overthinking ..would a question harm a girl? Ask her.. is it fine to have your number? Just a question!..
My cousin she married an American man *so handsome *..so I'm so jealous of her , not fair

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello my friends

Thank you all in advance
Hi,
I think many Western single men find Emirati ladies very attractive.
They just might be a bit frightened of your brothers!!
Cheers
Steve
^^^

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I laughed alot ..thank you for responding ..see in these situations you need a smart women ..from my side ( i come from a family that has an open mentality ..they all studied abroad ) what i did ..is ..i introduced him to my brothers..as if he's my colleague in work..so now..if we are going out..we take him with us..extra brother in the road haha ..you guys need to stop overthinking ..would a question harm a girl? Ask her.. is it fine to have your number? Just a question!..
My cousin she married an American man *so handsome *..so I'm so jealous of her , not fair
I think you just proved Stevesolar's point, what will happen when your brothers find out this guy is a lover and not a "colleague" and "extra brother"?

By the way, I do find Emrati women attractive, but would never ask one out for this very reason unless we were out of country. Did your cousin meet her husband in the US or here?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you just proved Stevesolar's point, what will happen when your brothers find out this guy is a lover and not a "colleague" and "extra brother"?

By the way, I do find Emrati women attractive, but would never ask one out for this very reason unless we were out of country. Did your cousin meet her husband in the US or here?
Thank you for responding

Thats the issue , you guys always take the worst case scenario .. i have been in a relationship for 7 years..and my family never knew about it , we know how to manage , maybe the only thing he would be retrieved from is i cant live with him ( as a girlfriend) ..but other stuff , its all available..
If the girl is worth waiting for? Can he not sacrifice a little ?

Ok let me be honest with u.. the british guy was soo into me...but when i started showing him..that im not easy to get ( not sleeping in the first day..not even the second ..and maybe not fourth! ..it all depends on me ..feeling that he's the right guy for me...i dont do one night stands..i consider myself more classy
..he started confronting me that all the ladies that he has been with...slept in the first date.. i told him sorry it just goes against my beliefs ..
And all I'm asking is to wait ..( if your thinking i made him wait for a year..!..no it wasn't even a month ! ..our first date was after 3 weeks of texting..

So he said i dont think its gonna work..let us be friends because we have different cultural backgrounds..
And i starting saying your having fun with me right ? And in science! Opposite attracts ! ..it will just take extra effort for us to adapt with the new things to come..

To be honest it made me sad..i never told him that..but i felt he let me go too soon , Because i had my own beliefs

Anyways about my cousin , first she meet him .. here in dubai ..he was a tourist ( in a gym ) ..and then he went back to America .. so she convenienced her family that she would like to work there for a year to gain experince

And she did...i think its Faith or destiny what brought them together ..

And she married him ..her father wasnt pleased in the beginning..( her father is a minister !) ..but now she has two beatiful kids ...blonde..tan skin.. arabic features ..haha wearing candoras( the white arabic clothing) ..so cute

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
I went out with an English Educated Bani Yas family girl for a while (nearly a year) we're still friends, met her father and some brothers, her father knew I wasn't just her "extra brother".

The problem with Arab girls in general is that they go from one crisis to another several times in a day - and they aren't really crisies at all.

She looked great in a bikini... ;-)

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I think if you weren't living here it would be a difference scenario. But most guys probably think the families are too involved in relationships, or it'll never go anywhere because the family will want the daughter to marry a local, they'll have to convert etc etc. Most guys probably think it's just more hassle than it's worth. Plus the 'if anything goes wrong, I'll get reported/end up in trouble with the law' aspect.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went out with an English Educated Bani Yas family girl for a while (nearly a year) we're still friends, met her father and some brothers, her father knew I wasn't just her "extra brother".

The problem with Arab girls in general is that they go from one crisis to another several times in a day - and they aren't really crisies at all.

She looked great in a bikini... ;-)

Ooh thats really cool

So can you explain to me? What kind of crisis are you refering to ?
If you can share it please

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think if you weren't living here it would be a difference scenario. But most guys probably think the families are too involved in relationships, or it'll never go anywhere because the family will want the daughter to marry a local, they'll have to convert etc etc. Most guys probably think it's just more hassle than it's worth. Plus the 'if anything goes wrong, I'll get reported/end up in trouble with the law' aspect.

To be honest its true..i agree with you..if a western guy is not into the arabic local culture or style..it will be difficult for him to adapt ..and it will be considered as an extra burden ..
But if he loves the culture , the traditions ( open to change ) why not approach? ..
And if its about marriage ,now a days..
Everything has changed.. the percentage of marrying a foreign is higher then before..he needs to make sure from her side..that her family is open to this idea
From my perspective..i made it very clear to my family..that i lost interest in being with a local guy ..from a long time a go..i love how westerns treat their women..and how he shares daily life activities with her ..and thats how i imagine my life would be

And about converting ..if he loves her..i think he would do anything for her..especially if he's not practicing any other religion..

But isn't just..not fair.. ?we didnt chose to be born here or with this circumstance ... if we refused or left.. then even my name..would be taken away from me.. i would lose so many things.. and it may be the last time..i would see them..

So i think it can work..but both of them needs to compromise

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
..if a western guy is not into the arabic local culture or style..it will be difficult for him to adapt ..
Why should he ? Plenty of fish in the sea.

..And about converting ..if he loves her..i think he would do anything for her..especially if he's not practicing any other religion....
The reverse is true as well.

If he doesn't practice a religion, why should he take up a religion when the other party will not adopt 'his belief' system.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Ooh thats really cool

That's the thing, there aren't any, an example:- trying to get anything done, the voice gets raised, the shouting. It get's very tiring after a while - and that's just on the phone, face to face is even worse. Personally I think it's because they (Arabs) are jealous of Westerners (esp the blue eyed ones), and they compensate for this by belittling others.

But they do look great in a bikini.

Ente jameela.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Ooh thats really cool

That's the thing, there aren't any, an example:- trying to get anything done, the voice gets raised, the shouting. It get's very tiring after a while - and that's just on the phone, face to face is even worse. Personally I think it's because they (Arabs) are jealous of Westerners (esp the blue eyed ones), and they compensate for this by belittling others.

But they do look great in a bikini.

Ente jameela.
Haha i think when u mentioned baniyas..i just knew what u meant.. because as i said before.. we all know each other very well ( they came from a different clan ) ..and i can relate to what are you referring to..

*laughing* if you like the bikini look , then i think your missing out..local girls dancing on the pole..*wink* i just started taking some classes..

Mashalla you have blue eye? Of course they will be jealous .. its a rare thing to have

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Haha i think when u mentioned baniyas..i just knew what u meant.. because as i said before.. we all know each other very well ( they came from a different clan ) ..and i can relate to what are you referring to..

*laughing* if you like the bikini look , then i think your missing out..local girls dancing on the pole..*wink* i just started taking some classes..

Mashalla you have blue eye? Of course they will be jealous .. its a rare thing to have
I do find the abaya, when nicely fitting so the wearer doesn't look like a bin bag or a bus seat, really attractive, local girls flirt with their eyes, as such their eyes are always the focal point, the way they adjust their shayla, the bashful smile as they notice the blue eyed guy is watching them....

Very erotic.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
I do find the abaya, when nicely fitting so the wearer doesn't look like a bin bag or a bus seat, really attractive, local girls flirt with their eyes, as such their eyes are always the focal point, the way they adjust their shayla, the bashful smile as they notice the blue eyed guy is watching them....

Very erotic.

Calm yourself :D

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Calm yourself :D
LOL, been there done that mate, forget the religious stuff, it's the "Every day's a crisis" attitude that got me - oh and don't get me started on"Arabic Time", it got to the point where I'd say, "I'll pick you up at 8pm, that's ENGLISH TIME".

She was still late, but then i would have tea with her father and brothers, so it wasn't all bad.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Very erotic.

Calm yourself
LOL dad is just remembering the old days , ... let him be !

Although Just to keep you updated , now we have a new timing also , its called " Indian timing " it MEANS we will never show up! haha

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
i love how westerns treat their women..and how he shares daily life activities with her ..and thats how i imagine my life would be

And about converting ..if he loves her..i think he would do anything for her..especially if he's not practicing any other religion..
Unfortunately I think you're a little naive on this front. Plenty of western guys are abusive to their partners, it's not all roses and happiness. Whatever your background, there will ALWAYS be disagreements etc on occasion.

Why should the guy convert? Why can't the girl convert if 'she loves him'. Personally, religion should have zero bearing on a persons relationship with another, that's their personal choice and shouldn't be enforced on a partner.

Things might have changed and progressed, but to a point, at the end of the day, certainly from what I've seen it all goes back to the 'traditions' at the end of the day, unless a family has become truly accepting.

I had a western friend who met a local girl elsewhere, they got married, had kids etc, then it just never worked out because all the 'old issues' started to come back. They ended up divorcing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I dated a Bahraini and we traveled quite a bit, she was 38 and still a virgin. there was no going near the Punani with my wishing stick, she was adamant about that, I respected her for it. I was lucky in that she was very open minded and loved British humor.

Fawlty towers, Little Britain you name it, we got on great !. perfect travel partners and she kept our relationship away from her family, and Bahrain is a tiny place to get caught. Locals would stare at us, couldn't help thinking they thought..bad woman !

I love arab women but it does come with a lot of baggage, culture, religion ad the stares !! There are very few who will take an arab woman seriously in UAE. I believe guys just want to try them out !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Unfortunately I think you're a little naive on this front. Plenty of western guys are abusive to their partners, it's not all roses and happiness. Whatever your background, there will ALWAYS be disagreements etc on occasion.

Why should the guy convert? Why can't the girl convert if 'she loves him'. Personally, religion should have zero bearing on a persons relationship with another, that's their personal choice and shouldn't be enforced on a partner.

Things might have changed and progressed, but to a point, at the end of the day, certainly from what I've seen it all goes back to the 'traditions' at the end of the day, unless a family has become truly accepting.

I had a western friend who met a local girl elsewhere, they got married, had kids etc, then it just never worked out because all the 'old issues' started to come back. They ended up divorcing.
Mmm Religion interfering with love..again ! I dated a filipina who belonged to some cult called Igliese Ni Christo..to marry her I had to convert (or rather believe is some imaginary friend) I refused and said I accept you for your beliefs, so accept me for mine, we parted.

I think your view on Western men is not far off the truth but there are A##holes everywhere, men will be men after all. ! I find generally Arab men love themselves too much, more than there women, thats the problem!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts