Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I land in Aus, I will be applying for Medicare.
But I have heard that it takes upto 20 days to get the medicare card.
So if I fall in sick before I get my card what should I do ?

·
Registered
530 Posts
When you visit the medicare office, they will issue you a temproary medicare card (a peper, with a number) that will help you untill you have a physical plastic card.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Australia is super clean compared to India, you wont fall sick very soon.. hehe

Reactions: rahulreshu

·
Registered
26 Posts
Australia is super clean compared to India, you wont fall sick very soon.. hehe
Well i am offended by this statement if you are stating that my mother nation is dirt bag , then i am sorry if you are from the same nation.

If not let me tell you the country is clean and pure both how it looks and has given spiritual knowledge which has been the source of millions of clean mind.

Yeah if you are talking about the people here who are yet to posses basic civic senses then you are right but even a poor sensible person in India keeps his inner surroundings clean.

This would take time as we are country with massive population but i am seeing awareness and would like each of us to contribute.

I am sorry if this was altogether a different response to the post but i guess you could have termed it like australia has good civic cleanliness and would have stopped comparing it with india.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Well i am offended by this statement if you are stating that my mother nation is dirt bag , then i am sorry if you are from the same nation.

If not let me tell you the country is clean and pure both how it looks and has given spiritual knowledge which has been the source of millions of clean mind.

Yeah if you are talking about the people here who are yet to posses basic civic senses then you are right but even a poor sensible person in India keeps his inner surroundings clean.

This would take time as we are country with massive population but i am seeing awareness and would like each of us to contribute.

I am sorry if this was altogether a different response to the post but i guess you could have termed it like australia has good civic cleanliness and would have stopped comparing it with india.
Dude, write an essay on India and post it asap.. haha

BTW, I had made a sarcastic comment..!! :boxing:

Reactions: rahulreshu

·
Registered
208 Posts

Well if you love India so much go back there what are you doing here in Australia. every other person who has come here is because he cant take India anymore with all sorts of problems and issues that's one place we least want to be and i agree please create another thread and start praising about India and get the linking there, stick to the question asked here.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
You will get Temporary Card (basically paper card) to use till you get Medicare Card, it may take 2-4 weeks so all Medical Centre will accept that Temporary one in case you need to visit them.

Girl Aussie

When I land in Aus, I will be applying for Medicare.
But I have heard that it takes upto 20 days to get the medicare card.
So if I fall in sick before I get my card what should I do ?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Can somebody tell me here is the Medicare office in NSW?:confused2:

__________________________________________________ _ _______
Skilled - Subclass 190 | Developer Programmer - 261312

14/02/2015 - ACS App. Submitted
19/02/2015 - ACS +ve Outcome
01/05/2015 - ILETS Results (L-6, R-7, W-6.5, S-6 | Overall - 6.5)
08/05/2015 - EOI Submitted for NSW with 55 pts + 5 pts(State Nomination)

Next Steps
XX/06/2015 - Invite |
XX/06/2015 - App. submitted
XX/XX/2015 - PCC | Health | Documents uploaded
XX/XX/2015 - Visa Grant

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Can somebody tell me here is the Medicare office in NSW?:confused2: __________________________________________________ _ _______ Skilled - Subclass 190 | Developer Programmer - 261312 14/02/2015 - ACS App. Submitted 19/02/2015 - ACS +ve Outcome 01/05/2015 - ILETS Results (L-6, R-7, W-6.5, S-6 | Overall - 6.5) 08/05/2015 - EOI Submitted for NSW with 55 pts + 5 pts(State Nomination) Next Steps XX/06/2015 - Invite | XX/06/2015 - App. submitted XX/XX/2015 - PCC | Health | Documents uploaded XX/XX/2015 - Visa Grant
http://humanservices.findnearest.com.au

·
Registered
13 Posts
You will get Temporary Card (basically paper card) to use till you get Medicare Card, it may take 2-4 weeks so all Medical Centre will accept that Temporary one in case you need to visit them.

Girl Aussie

Myself and my wife came for visa validation in May 2015 but didn't apply for medicare card. I would like to come permanently after 6 months. Can I apply medicare for me and my wife, if my wife arrives later ? Or can I use the temporary medicare card for my pregnant wife for any immediate doctor visits & consultations? Please advise.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
You can't apply for her or anyone's behalf, person has to be physically in Australia to get/apply Medicare. Nor she or you can use each other's card, it has to be a separate card. Even if she arrived after you, it will only take few minutes to get Temporary Medicare card by visiting your local Centrelink/Medicare Office.

Girl Aussie

Myself and my wife came for visa validation in May 2015 but didn't apply for medicare card. I would like to come permanently after 6 months. Can I apply medicare for me and my wife, if my wife arrives later ? Or can I use the temporary medicare card for my pregnant wife for any immediate doctor visits & consultations? Please advise.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You can't apply for her or anyone's behalf, person has to be physically in Australia to get/apply Medicare. Nor she or you can use each other's card, it has to be a separate card. Even if she arrived after you, it will only take few minutes to get Temporary Medicare card by visiting your local Centrelink/Medicare Office.

Girl Aussie
Thanks for your response. Can she avail the benefits immediately after getting the temporary card?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts