Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All

My wife is travelling to Sydney in September(as she got relocation from her present org) and she is secondary applicant in PR.
Me ,primary applicant,planning to travel in November-2017.

So my question is can she register for MEDICARE with out primary applicant?

And TFN will be created by her employer or we need to apply ?

We both have done our validation trip to AUS already.

·
Registered
25,743 Posts
HI All

My wife is travelling to Sydney in September(as she got relocation from her present org) and she is secondary applicant in PR.
Me ,primary applicant,planning to travel in November-2017.

So my question is can she register for MEDICARE with out primary applicant?

And TFN will be created by her employer or we need to apply ?

We both have done our validation trip to AUS already.
Once the PR are issued the dependant has all the rights as that of the primary applicant

She can register for Medicare even without you being present
She should carry all the documents required to the nearest Medicare centre

As far as I know TFN has to be applied by the employee herself

Check with the HR of her company in case they provide any assistance in the application
But all said and done, it's a very simple process and any layman also can do it in a few minutes

Cheers

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Once the PR are issued the dependant has all the rights as that of the primary applicant

Check with the HR of her company in case they provide any assistance in the application
But all said and done, it's a very simple process and any layman also can do it in a few minutes

Cheers
Thanks for your Quick Reply.
It helps a lot.
What documents are required for Medicare?

·
Registered
25,743 Posts
Thanks for your Quick Reply.
It helps a lot.
What documents are required for Medicare?
Passport
Address proof
Visa grant letter
Completed Medicare application form
Don't remember if photo are required or not, but no harm in carrying a few

Cheers

·
Registered
770 Posts

Cheers
Can we do that before IED or medicare should be applied after landing?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Apply when you move there with the intent of staying for long term. No point in getting enrolled when you are not staying there.
I mean, when we will be eligible to apply for medicare... after grant or after landing....

·
Registered
25,743 Posts
Does this require another set of Medicals in Australia?
You misunderstood me.
Medicare enrolment application form
No medicals tests are required

Cheers

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hello everyone,

I have a similar query. As per the current plan, my wife will be going to Australia first in November 2017 and then i will go in January 2018. We are on 190 visa nominated by NSW.
My wife would go to Perth first and live with her brother there for sometime. While I am searching for a job in Sydney she would be living in Perth with her brother. Once i get a job, she will come and live with me in Sydney. So my question is :

• Can she enroll for medicare in Perth or she would need to visit nominated state to enroll for medicare ? I am not sure if she can do the same in Perth. Please help.

Thanks

·
Registered
25,743 Posts
Hello everyone,

I have a similar query. As per the current plan, my wife will be going to Australia first in November 2017 and then i will go in January 2018. We are on 190 visa nominated by NSW.
My wife would go to Perth first and live with her brother there for sometime. While I am searching for a job in Sydney she would be living in Perth with her brother. Once i get a job, she will come and live with me in Sydney. So my question is :

• Can she enroll for medicare in Perth or she would need to visit nominated state to enroll for medicare ? I am not sure if she can do the same in Perth. Please help.

Thanks
In my opinion the restriction of the state applies only on the primary applicant and that also is only moral at present

You can recheck with Medicare office if she is eligible or not

Cheers

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Hello everyone,

Thanks
State obligation is for all the applicants who got PR on SN.
Any PR applicant can enroll in MedCare, but am not sure about places though .

Good luck

·
Registered
303 Posts
In my opinion the restriction of the state applies only on the primary applicant and that also is only moral at present

You can recheck with Medicare office if she is eligible or not

Cheers
Thanks buddy for the reply !!

I have mailed medicare support team regarding this query but still I have not received any reply from them. Lets see what they say !!

Meanwhile, if someone faced this kind of situation here on forum I would appreciate the help from him/her.

·
Registered
303 Posts
State obligation is for all the applicants who got PR on SN.
Any PR applicant can enroll in MedCare, but am not sure about places though .

Good luck
Thanks JPMosa for the reply !! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.