Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have just been offered a job with 457 Sponsorship by VIctoria Department of Human Services. However I have a question, my son is hearing impaired which is corrected with hearing aids and does not have a learning disability. However he has a lot of support at school due to sensory needs and delayed language understanding, which result in very difficult behaviour, although this is now better 100% than it was 12 months ago and is continuing to improve.

I suppose my question is will he be refused a visa due to this, he is only six and has no health needs as per say, but does have educational needs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I dont want to go through the whole process to be refused at the later stage due to his difficulties.

I am aware it is only a four year visa, but it will give me and my son the fresh start and the opprtunity to explore another country and culture before deciding if we want to stay permantly and apply for PR.

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi wig1979,

You may want to ask that question of an agent to get a definitive answer.

You've probably checked this out already (so sorry if it's an obvious question) but will your son get the support he needs in schools over here? That's assuming everything is okay with medicals.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Thankyou for your reply. I have spoken to agents and they say that it should not be a problem and is easier if not going for PR visa at the moment. I have spoken to about 4 schools in the area I am looking at and out of them one is a real possibility as they already have experience of children with similar difficulties. For me the reason i want to take him to Australia is because I feel that he will be able to be a child for longer than he will here in the UK and to give him the experience of another culture. I am hoping that if we take the gamble and get the 457 visa then once my son has settled etc we can then have an option of applying for PR. Will wait and see though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts