Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have submitted my Medicals on April 28th via E-Health , submitted PCC on 3rd may , now waiting for grant.

I'm facing an issue When i login online status i see the follow message:

"Health requirements outstanding"

Below it are 4 lines of "further medicals received & HIV test received", No where it says "referred" so i assume my medicals didn't need to be referred.

But in my wife's case it says " Health Requirements Finalized" which is puzzling as to why mine are still "outstanding" and my wife's are "finalized"

Anyone else had a similar experience, where their health requirements status was stuck on outstanding, despite 2nd applicant is "finalized" ? does this mean there is an issue with my medicals or should i safely assume its a case of CO not bothered to update my status ?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
HI JBY

Many a times teh CO does not update the status, in our case our medicals were final in no time, i think took a week but fr my new born daughter it took them 20 days, even after i got the visa the status for her did not change whereas everything else became met.

·
Registered
46 Posts
HI JBY

Many a times teh CO does not update the status, in our case our medicals were final in no time, i think took a week but fr my new born daughter it took them 20 days, even after i got the visa the status for her did not change whereas everything else became met.
We are also facing similar problem. For all three of us it is showing health requirements finalized in the main page. Mine and wife's documents checklist showing medicals MET. But my daughter's checklist still showing medicals REQUIRED.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just want to ask, whre can I find the documents checklist page that shows the status of the documents as MET or REQUIRED. I apllied for 457 visa but the online status does not have a page for the document checklist. Where can I find this?

My online status states that primary applicant's HEALTH REQUIREMENTS FINALISED. but wife and daughter stuck on HEATH REQUIREMENTS OUTSTANDING. Don't see any page that says documents as MET.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just want to ask, whre can I find the documents checklist page that shows the status of the documents as MET or REQUIRED. I apllied for 457 visa but the online status does not have a page for the document checklist. Where can I find this?

My online status states that primary applicant's HEALTH REQUIREMENTS FINALISED. but wife and daughter stuck on HEATH REQUIREMENTS OUTSTANDING. Don't see any page that says documents as MET.
i am not sure if 457 is the same , but for 175/176 there is a document checklist, it is located under the field "view your receipt details" in the online visa status, there is a link that takes you to document checklist.

Btw my health requirements are all finalized, i now understand how it works, basically if yours is finalized this means the Doctor at HOC finished your case, but if outstanding means the doctor at HOC is still reviewing the health results of your wife and daughter. It has nothing to do with your case officer, when HOC finishes your wife&daughter health review, they will update it as "finalized", just give it sometime.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i am not sure if 457 is the same , but for 175/176 there is a document checklist, it is located under the field "view your receipt details" in the online visa status, there is a link that takes you to document checklist.

Btw my health requirements are all finalized, i now understand how it works, basically if yours is finalized this means the Doctor at HOC finished your case, but if outstanding means the doctor at HOC is still reviewing the health results of your wife and daughter. It has nothing to do with your case officer, when HOC finishes your wife&daughter health review, they will update it as "finalized", just give it sometime.
Actually our medicals were done 6 months ago which was intended for a PR application but my employer's nomination for PR was refused so we are going the 457 route. HOC has given us approval to use the medicals done 6 months ago and provided us with the reference numbers for our CO to locate the results. That is why I am wondering why my wife and daughter's medicals still show as HEALTH REQUIREMENTS OUTSTANDING as we have provided the reference numbers for each of us.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi: I am also facing the very same dilemma of my wife's medical status as "Further checking required" since 11th April although the results were submitted on 30th March online. We declared a thyroid medication issue during the examination, Thyroid hormone tests were taken & submitted with everything in control but still no conclusion from their end. Its been like almost 2months since we submitted the tests...donot know how long it would be more. Really frustrated:confused2:

·
Registered
110 Posts
nauman_beg said:
Hi: I am also facing the very same dilemma of my wife's medical status as "Further checking required" since 11th April although the results were submitted on 30th March online. We declared a thyroid medication issue during the examination, Thyroid hormone tests were taken & submitted with everything in control but still no conclusion from their end. Its been like almost 2months since we submitted the tests...donot know how long it would be more. Really frustrated:confused2:
Write to the CO asking the status. The same happened with me wherein my wife's meds got finalized and mine n kid's pending. Coincidently I wrote to CO to update her abt the meds and she replied saying she didn't receive.
I then pasted the online status showing 'received' and asked her how that was possible, to which she said she was awaiting confirmation from the health operations center. She also said that she will followup. After that in 2 days it showed finalized.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I submitted my application a month ago and the require documents as stated in the email a few days after that. I'm worried I missed something, because when I log in to check the progress of my application the document checklist states PCC + Form 160EH and 26EH required (xray/medical eamination). The second part of the Application Status also says medicals outstanding. From everything I have read these will only be required when requested by CO, correct?

I have a PCC certificate from March 2011, is this still valid for purposes of this visa application? (i.e. do they need to be within a certain timeframe of being submitted)... if so I may front load it... but again from what I have read PCC and medicals will not be required for those of us from UK?

thanks

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hi. I would also like to ask a similar question regarding this topic. What does it mean "referred" in our medical status? Thanks.
Hello,
Further Medicals referred means that your medical result has been referred to HOC for further verification by the doctors there. It doesn't necessarily mean there is anything to be concerned about. They just want to take analyse your results a bit more before finalising it.

Your result should move to Finalised status in a couple of days time if all goes well. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I strongly suggest that you email your CO, he/she will follow up.

This is how my issue was eventually resolved, i waited for 10 days or so and as i mentioned on this post my medicals was stuck on "outstanding". I emailed my CO and told him that i did my medicals, doctor confirmed that he sent the medicals on the same day, etc. CO replied to me that the doctor at HOC did not finalize my health requirements and that i should wait. Interestingly the Health was "finalized" the next morning, so i believe the CO must have followed up with HOC.

Honestly maybe i could've waited a lil bit longer but i was getting impatient :D and worried that maybe the results didn't reach properly.

So no harm in dropping an email to your CO, especially since your waited for so long as it seems to me that HOC tends to sleep on it based on my experience and alot of others around many forums.

Reactions: stormgal

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can I email my Co eventhough I have an agent acting on my behalf? My dependents meds are stuck on Health requirements outstanding eventhough I have received confirmation from HoC that the meds have been finalised a long time ago. I emailed my agent to follow-up with CO but agent is not answering my emails.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks. Surely, I will inquire for an update as it strikes me now that they are waiting for something since the status shows "Further Checks Required"....maybe the cleared hormone tests are not yet delivered., impearive for a decision......Hope it is not something else :confused:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I submitted my application a month ago and the require documents as stated in the email a few days after that. I'm worried I missed something, because when I log in to check the progress of my application the document checklist states PCC + Form 160EH and 26EH required (xray/medical eamination). The second part of the Application Status also says medicals outstanding. From everything I have read these will only be required when requested by CO, correct?

I have a PCC certificate from March 2011, is this still valid for purposes of this visa application? (i.e. do they need to be within a certain timeframe of being submitted)... if so I may front load it... but again from what I have read PCC and medicals will not be required for those of us from UK?

thanks
Hi JimJams, i learnt that the FIRST PAGE which says "health requirements outstanding" is updated by HOC and not by your CO. So if it still says outstanding this means that the good doctors at HOC did not finalize your medicals. When HOC finalizes your medicals it will say "Medicals Finalized"

Now, when you go to the checklist, That is where your CO comes in, if the forms 160eh & 26eh change to "MET" that means your CO saw the HOC report and he is satisfied that you are healthy.

In your case , you may frontload the medicals & PCC if you like, that way you will save time and get a grant right after you get a CO, or just wait till the CO asks it from you. People who usually wait are from HR countries OR because they need more time to prepare themselves for the medicals and pcc.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Hi JimJams, i learnt that the FIRST PAGE which says "health requirements outstanding" is updated by HOC and not by your CO. So if it still says outstanding this means that the good doctors at HOC did not finalize your medicals. When HOC finalizes your medicals it will say "Medicals Finalized"

Now, when you go to the checklist, That is where your CO comes in, if the forms 160eh & 26eh change to "MET" that means your CO saw the HOC report and he is satisfied that you are healthy.

In your case , you may frontload the medicals & PCC if you like, that way you will save time and get a grant right after you get a CO, or just wait till the CO asks it from you. People who usually wait are from HR countries OR because they need more time to prepare themselves for the medicals and pcc.
Thanks. I'm not in any rush so will just wait. Just the fact it said it was required right now that stumped me. I thought people from low risk countries were not asked for PCC or medicals? Will I definitely be asked for medicals?

Incidently, I applied for a WHV last July and due to the fact I had spent more than a 3 month consecutive period out of the UK in the past 5 years I had to get x-rays done, which were accepted without any problems. I am not going to be using the WHV now, so hoping with some luck they can re-use that...

thanks for the clarification though.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks. I'm not in any rush so will just wait. Just the fact it said it was required right now that stumped me. I thought people from low risk countries were not asked for PCC or medicals? Will I definitely be asked for medicals?

Incidently, I applied for a WHV last July and due to the fact I had spent more than a 3 month consecutive period out of the UK in the past 5 years I had to get x-rays done, which were accepted without any problems. I am not going to be using the WHV now, so hoping with some luck they can re-use that...

thanks for the clarification though.
Yes, for permanent residence, even LR countries require to submit medicals & PCC, there is no exemption UK included.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Yes, for permanent residence, even LR countries require to submit medicals & PCC, there is no exemption UK included.
Ok, good to know. It won't be a problem but at least now it doesn't surprise me! I'll try attaching the PCC I have now, it may be deemed out of date (since it is more than 12 months old) but it won't do any harm.

I'm planning on heading out to Canada for 9 months or so. I presume if the medicals came up whilst I am out there then it won't be a problem getting them done out there? I'm going out on a WHV, will I have to let DIAC know changes of (temporary) contact addresses?

thanks

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I strongly suggest that you email your CO, he/she will follow up.

This is how my issue was eventually resolved, i waited for 10 days or so and as i mentioned on this post my medicals was stuck on "outstanding". I emailed my CO and told him that i did my medicals, doctor confirmed that he sent the medicals on the same day, etc. CO replied to me that the doctor at HOC did not finalize my health requirements and that i should wait. Interestingly the Health was "finalized" the next morning, so i believe the CO must have followed up with HOC.

Honestly maybe i could've waited a lil bit longer but i was getting impatient :D and worried that maybe the results didn't reach properly.

So no harm in dropping an email to your CO, especially since your waited for so long as it seems to me that HOC tends to sleep on it based on my experience and alot of others around many forums.
lol JBY, I did my medicals on May 9th, and they're still "outstanding" so I took your advice - lets see if it works :p

1 - 20 of 40 Posts