Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I completed my medicals on 7/Oct/2013; the comment for medicals in my profile mentions

"The health examinations required for this applicant have not yet been determined. Your case will be referred to a case officer to determine if further health is required. This page will be updated with advice regarding whether health examinations are required to be undertaken. Please note that this will not occur until a case officer investigates your case in line with published processing times for the visa that you have applied for."

Does this mean that I have completed the medical tests, however are yet to determine, whether further tests are required; if so I assume the next step is a CO picking my application (I hope the maximum is time for CO to appear is 6 weeks from invitation date for subclass 190) and letting me know if other tests are required or if its not required, the he would ask for other documents and proceed to the final step. Does any experienced candidate know if the process is different.

Thanks
Pkmcl

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hello All,

I completed my medicals on 7/Oct/2013; the comment for medicals in my profile mentions

"The health examinations required for this applicant have not yet been determined. Your case will be referred to a case officer to determine if further health is required. This page will be updated with advice regarding whether health examinations are required to be undertaken. Please note that this will not occur until a case officer investigates your case in line with published processing times for the visa that you have applied for."

Does this mean that I have completed the medical tests, however are yet to determine, whether further tests are required; if so I assume the next step is a CO picking my application (I hope the maximum is time for CO to appear is 6 weeks from invitation date for subclass 190) and letting me know if other tests are required or if its not required, the he would ask for other documents and proceed to the final step. Does any experienced candidate know if the process is different.

Thanks
Pkmcl
I am not sure what this means. May be they might have something to do with the results. I have completed my health checkup on 19th Oct 2013. As of now my profile shows,

501 Medical Examination - Status in incomplete
502 Chest X-ray Examination - Status is completed
707 HIV test - Referred

I am unsure about the status reason and what they mean. Just praying that all is well here.

Best of luck to you
I will post my final status once they update them on the site.
Please keep the forum posted with yours.

Amit

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Amit,

Its too early for your profile to be updated if your medicals were on 19th. If your health including chest x-ray (no previous lung problems) were fine, the doctor will upload a one pager in 4-5 working days at the most; then the case officer picks it up (max of 6-8 weeks from fate of invitation) and if required will ask for more documents. Thats all pretty much.

In my case I had contracted TB (which was cured) about 14 years back, which is why I am concerned. I will keep you posted on my developments. All the best.

Pkmcl

·
Registered
47 Posts
I recently did my medical from fortis, Bangalore. It took 9 days for the result. I was tense as hell, cause my BP showed high in the test. In the end it was all clear. I called the hospital, they confirmed it. So hang in there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts