Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends,

I have a query :p

I have applied for visa 189 for myself and included my wife and baby in the application as NON Migrating Dependents. They don't have passport yet hence I have not added them. Will add them by sending form 1022 once i get their passports.

1) Problem is since they don't have passport, can i still do their medicals???? I read somewhere that passport is compulsory :(
And my baby is 2 months old so she does not have any ID proof, although she has her birth certificate.

2)Also if i do their medicals now and then later on add them in my application as migrating dependents, will they have to go through the medicals again????

Thanks and Advance to all the expats
Cheers

G

·
You need the passports to do medicals.

If you add them to your application before it is granted they only need to re do medicals if they are more than 12 months old.

If you apply for spouse visa for them after your visa is granted you will probably have to repeat medicals for them.

Your wife also needs a police check for your application.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need the passports to do medicals.

If you add them to your application before it is granted they only need to re do medicals if they are more than 12 months old.

If you apply for spouse visa for them after your visa is granted you will probably have to repeat medicals for them.

Your wife also needs a police check for your application.
Okies thanks

so probably have to wait for their passports.....i thot i could expedite the process by doin the medicals in advance :p

but what about those who don't want to add their dependents in their application ever and they also don't have passports! how would they undergo medical examination :O

This is a flaw i guess.......DIAC should understand that not everyone has passport......

Thanks again for swift response

G

·
Its not a flaw. If you want a visa you get your dependents a passport simples. Otherwise how would they verify their identity and know you were not married to an international people smuggler which would get you a rejection. Its quite intentionally part of the process.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts