Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

i had a question regarding Australian 457 ( Inter Company transfer ) and PR.

To give a background about myself, i have undergone a kidney transplant and working for a Indian IT Company.

i am trying to move to Australia ,have some questions

1) if you are moving on 457 VISA is it mandatory that employer should provide private medical insurance ?
2) What all tests one have to go through for medicals in case of 457 ?
3) will my current health status ( post kidney transplant ) will have any impact on my 457 visa processing ?

from 457 to PR

1) can i move from 457 Visa to Permanent resident , after staying in Australia for more than 2 years on 457 visa?
2) what are the chances of getting PR ?
3) is there a case where i can convince the authority that i will not use medicare and use private medical insurance which will not have impact on public money ?

kindly help , no sure if i am thinking in right direction or i have correct knowledge about medicare and private health cover.

Thanks
Selvam patil

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi all

i had a question regarding Australian 457 ( Inter Company transfer ) and PR.

To give a background about myself, i have undergone a kidney transplant and working for a Indian IT Company.

i am trying to move to Australia ,have some questions

1) if you are moving on 457 VISA is it mandatory that employer should provide private medical insurance ?
2) What all tests one have to go through for medicals in case of 457 ?
3) will my current health status ( post kidney transplant ) will have any impact on my 457 visa processing ?

from 457 to PR

1) can i move from 457 Visa to Permanent resident , after staying in Australia for more than 2 years on 457 visa?
2) what are the chances of getting PR ?
3) is there a case where i can convince the authority that i will not use medicare and use private medical insurance which will not have impact on public money ?

kindly help , no sure if i am thinking in right direction or i have correct knowledge about medicare and private health cover.

Thanks
Selvam patil
1. Maintaining health insurance is your responsibility; not employer's.
2. I was asked for a general Medical Exam with blood and urine tests, and Chest X-ray. Maybe its still the same.
3. Should not be an issue for 457 since you wont cost to Australian healthcare. Cant say about a future PR application, though. Please do check this information.

From 457 to PR

1. You have the following options- Employer sponsored (ENS, RSMS), General skilled (189, 190)
2. Holding 457 wont affect your chances of getting a PR. You will still compete with other applicants for GSM, or be sponsored by your employer.
3. As far as I know, it doesn't work that way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts