Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am planning to get my medicals done sometime in May. I have applied for 175 visa in Feb 2012 and looking at the current trend I think I will get a CO in June so I wanted to get my Medicals and PCC ready by that time. I have a few questions regarding medicals and meembers who have gotten thier medicals done and sent by mail might be able to help me.

1. I know the process of sending medicals by mail is time consuming but exactly how long does it take end to end?

2. Is thier a medical finalisation process which might involve sending documents through mail again?

3. Where does this mail need to be sent? Sydney? I just want to make sure the medical center is sending it to the right place.

4. I do not have a CO assigned yet so what documents I may need to provide to the medical center to get the tests?

5. I have hired an agent so do I need to inform him about this? Or can I go ahead and get this done on my own and have it sent my the medical center?

Any information will be very helpful. Unfortunately all medical centres in USA do not upload the report online. I know its strange. So I think I need to start the process soon as sending through mail will be lengthy.

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hi Sanjukta,
I didn't get my medicals until I was told by my case officer. When you get your medical, you are supposed to go to a specific panel doctor that is authorized by the Australian government that is stated in immi.gov.au That doctor and their office should be aware of the process and what documents to send back.

I didn't hire an agent to process my paperwork. But all the information to know what to bring to the panel doctor is in immi.gov.au I had to make an appointment and the payment is all out of pocket and was not covered by my health insurance.

I don't think these medical reports can be uploaded online since part of the examination requires an x-ray that also gets submitted. I believe medical results are only valid up to a year. So it is recommended that applicants wait until they are notified by the case officer that medicals are required. The reason being it could take some applicants longer to get assigned a case officer. You may have your medicals done but it might expire before you are assigned a case officer.

The medical doctor's office that I went to sent it through a courier maybe such as FedEx or DHL for tracking purposes. For that reason, it should probably take at least a week at the latest to reach its destination. Also, as long as you notify your case officer that you have had your medicals completed and maybe provide receipts from the case officer, you should be okay. The medical results will never be given to the applicant to send through the mail.

If you hired an agent, shouldn't this person be telling all this information that you should know about and what you need to do? Otherwise, what is the purpose of hiring an agent? Just because you as the applicant will still have to obtain documents that you need for the application that you will need to provide to the agent. If you are more knowledgeable about the process of what you need to do for the visa application, I think you might not require the assistance of your agent?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JB12 thanks for that response. After posting I realized that getting in touch with my agent would be a good idea before getting anything done. So I have contacted my agent and I am waiting to hear from her soon.
Thanks once again for the information.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Are you sure that you are gonna get a CO by June ? In fact looking at the current processing time it seems that you might get a CO by July 2012..
Allocation Dates for General Skilled Migration Applications

Also if I am not mistaken then Medicals can only be done via E-health in India now..Its mandatory so thats the only option for you..
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/100-ehealth.pdf

Are you in the USA presently ? If yes then you can send the paper medical report....I will usggest you to go for the e-health option as it is much faster and easier..
BTW, what is the agent doing ? I mean is he not supposed to tell you all this ? I bet the agent knows very little abt all this..;)

Since you have an agent;DIAC will respond to the agent's email only...

Shoot back any ques and you will surely get an answer...

Hello Everyone,

I am planning to get my medicals done sometime in May. I have applied for 175 visa in Feb 2012 and looking at the current trend I think I will get a CO in June so I wanted to get my Medicals and PCC ready by that time. I have a few questions regarding medicals and meembers who have gotten thier medicals done and sent by mail might be able to help me.

1. I know the process of sending medicals by mail is time consuming but exactly how long does it take end to end?

2. Is thier a medical finalisation process which might involve sending documents through mail again?

3. Where does this mail need to be sent? Sydney? I just want to make sure the medical center is sending it to the right place.

4. I do not have a CO assigned yet so what documents I may need to provide to the medical center to get the tests?

5. I have hired an agent so do I need to inform him about this? Or can I go ahead and get this done on my own and have it sent my the medical center?

Any information will be very helpful. Unfortunately all medical centres in USA do not upload the report online. I know its strange. So I think I need to start the process soon as sending through mail will be lengthy.

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How could anyone possibly be sure when they will get a CO? I am thinking of the best case scenario and proceeding with these things. Getting a CO in June or July makes little difference so it's better to get it done

I am currently in USA and all medical centers in USA send reports by mail. At least that's what the list of centers indicate. So I am planning to get the medicals done in the beginning of May and the reports will take at least a week to reach Australia.

Thanks for the suggestions. Appreciate your input.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
the reason of adding the word "Sure" was bcoz in the previous post you have written that might get a CO in June..I have been observing the Processing times for 175 visa since July 2011 and have inferred that they are erratic to say the least.The duration between applying and getting a CO has progressively increased from 3 months(Aug'11) to 8 months(Present).. I just wanted to point out this fact to you...Plus if you get the medicals done now and a CO is allotted in June'12 and you get the grant in Aug or Sep then in all probability your initial entry date is gonna be before April'13 which might leave you with very little time to move to Australia...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the reason of adding the word "Sure" was bcoz in the previous post you have written that might get a CO in June..I have been observing the Processing times for 175 visa since July 2011 and have inferred that they are erratic to say the least.The duration between applying and getting a CO has progressively increased from 3 months(Aug'11) to 8 months(Present).. I just wanted to point out this fact to you...Plus if you get the medicals done now and a CO is allotted in June'12 and you get the grant in Aug or Sep then in all probability your initial entry date is gonna be before April'13 which might leave you with very little time to move to Australia...
Currently November 2011 applicants are getting CO assigned (please check another thread "priority gour 3 now 4" and BE update) Today a November 8 applicant got co. But yeah it depends from case to case but overall diac has speed up the process.

If I get the medicals done in June 12 then my date entry will be June 13. Why would it be April 13? Am I missing something?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.