Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the procedure of getting medicals and pcc...some can pls explain ....
Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
for medicals... you have to fill up the form 26EH, X-Ray of chest, HIV blood test and submit the report. You can get this done in India, please visit: India - Panel Doctors for indian panel details.

FOR PCC, you need to apply in local passport office pay fees and wait for the PCC.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
if your pp was made recently and ur police clearance was done during that time, all the pp office needs is ur passport which they stamp and return the same day

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got pp on May2006 with address in my native place...so...u mean to say better to apply from my native place? will it be a problem as im staying in hyderabad nw?

will they(police) do verification both in my native place and hyderabad too??

·
Registered
233 Posts
yes ...it is better to get the PCC from ur native place, if u apply from Hyderabad then they may check for ur new address once again ...which may take 6 to 8 weeks.

So, go to ur native place , fill the form 2 with ur address mentioned in the passport and apply for PCC

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thx rangola1...

but if they comes for verification in my native place...if someone replies to the police that... im staying in hyderabad...wil it be a problem again??

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
yes native place is the best.. dont get into going to hyd for the same, u will be stuck froever, the cops want proof for 2 yrs, sometimes they are not practical btu what do we say, they are doing their job, the way they are asked to

·
Registered
94 Posts
yes native place is the best.. dont get into going to hyd for the same, u will be stuck froever, the cops want proof for 2 yrs, sometimes they are not practical btu what do we say, they are doing their job, the way they are asked to
Is PCC required for Primary applicant as well as other secondary applicants too?
Or for primary applicant alone is enough?

·
Registered
233 Posts
thx rangola1...

but if they comes for verification in my native place...if someone replies to the police that... im staying in hyderabad...wil it be a problem again??
while submitting the passport for PCC, they will check whether the police check was already done for you when they issued the PP initially, if it was done then job s over ....no worries....on the same day u will get the PCC, if they did not do the police check at that time of issuing then they may check now.....for that u better submit the passport to passport office and contact local police station they will take care of rest.....

if police come to ur house for checking, if any of ur relative/parents are available thats more than enough in some rare cases the police may ask u to come to police station, if they ask so then u can go and meet them thats alll......

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
once verification is done...will they send it by post or from where do we need to collect it police station or passport office?

·
Registered
233 Posts
normally (99%) they would have verified you while issuing the passport ...I hope on the same day u can get ur pp.....very very rare cases they might have left without police check..
if they do check now then u can receive ur pp in speed post...

one question to u.....did u get ur pp initially in normal way or using tatkal????

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
normal way buddy...that time verification was done.

my only doubt is will they comes for verification again?( my pp was issued on 2006 may)

·
Registered
233 Posts
if they have done once, then they will not come again ....im very sure about that. If u haven't changed ur address in ur pp . So, if u apply from hyderabad, then it means that u changed ur address so they will surely come again.

Any way I hope u have to get PCC done.....so, don't wait go to ur native where the pp was issued and apply for PCC. One more information, if u haven't completed ur medicals then u do ur medicals first and then do ur PCC.....if it was requested by ur CO!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
boss...im confused....i wil apply in my native place...so...in the form...wat i need to fill for present and permanent address?

if i put both as my native place address....will it be a problem?

pls suggest..

thanks,

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
just put the address as the same, the one in the passport, dont put the new address, i hope the native place address is urs still, i mean ur folks or someone stays there

·
Registered
233 Posts
As anj said, put ur native address in the form for both present and permanent......if still u r not sure how to do better hire an agent , he will take care of everything and charge u around 300 to 500 rupees, no need to take the headache

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thx lot buddies....:)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
can i get the medicals and pcc done earlier so that ...while applying for visa...i can submit them...along vth visa....to quicker my visa process

pls suggest...

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
ukv the meds and occ has a validity of a year, and your initial entry depends on these two. if you get it done today and u get your visa say in 9 months u will get just 3 months to validate ur visa, its best to get it done when u know u hv a CO or when asked for

·
Registered
7 Posts
What if the pp was made in other state/town

Hello Rangloa,
Thanks for helping all around.
You said if police check was done while pp was issued then its a one day affair.
ok - my pp was made in Noida. While ive now moved to Pune since last 3 years.
My police checks were done when i was issued my passport.
So now how should i go about getting pcc.
If i goto RPO in Pune, can they check my police check was done while my passport was issued and hence give me a pcc same day. Or will they start their own procedure.

Thanks

while submitting the passport for PCC, they will check whether the police check was already done for you when they issued the PP initially, if it was done then job s over ....no worries....on the same day u will get the PCC, if they did not do the police check at that time of issuing then they may check now.....for that u better submit the passport to passport office and contact local police station they will take care of rest.....

if police come to ur house for checking, if any of ur relative/parents are available thats more than enough in some rare cases the police may ask u to come to police station, if they ask so then u can go and meet them thats alll......

1 - 20 of 29 Posts