Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
My LMO is finally through after a real rollercoaster ride and much jumping thru hoops. I now need a medical. I live in North Wales and wondered if I have to get the medical done in Wales as I live here which would mean going down to Cardiff or can I get it done in England and go over to Manchester which is much nearer?
The reason I ask is that the CIC website has England, Ireland, Scotland & Wales down as separate countries rather than UK and I know how bureaucratic the whole process is and want to get it right!
Thanks.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Usually, but it is a little more complicated than that. Depends on length of visit to Canada, country of origin, and recent travel history.

In many cases a temporary visa application does require a medical.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Catkin, did CIC ask you to take the medical?
Hi - yes I've been asked to take the medical. I was a bit shocked by the cost of it £280 but am pleased that they're thorough. Thank you all for your advice. This forum has been a real help.

·
Registered
46 Posts
sorry i am a bot confused..... do you need a medical or not .... if you have a job offer and are moving to Canada from the UK ? If it were the other way around it would not be so ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you're going to be working in the medical field and will have patient contact you need a medical which includes chest X-ray, blood tests for HIV & syphilis & general health check.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.