Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have just called our doctors surgery to get our family's medical records to bring to France with us when we move at the end of this month.

Does anyone know if just a basic print-out will be enough or do we need the detailed lot ?

Apparently basic print out has all details but not detailed. I guessing that as long as we've all been healthy just the basic print-out will be ok.

They are going to charge £10 per person for basic print-out and £50 per person for full records! Can't believe it.

Lucy

·
Administrator
50,375 Posts
You'll be doing well to find a doctor that keeps records other than in his or her computer. Before the government forced all the doctors to buy computers, they didn't keep any records at all. You were supposed to keep all your test results and your copy of your prescriptions and bring in your folder whenever you went to see the doc.

Besides, are you sure you can find a doctor in your area who admits to speaking English?

Sorry to be so flip, but save your money. Unless you have some exotic x-rays documenting a rare condition, I doubt anyone here will want to see them.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.