Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at moving to BKK in 2019. Any thoughts on getting the right Private Health Insurance would be greatly appreciated. We are retiring from the US at 52 yrs old and want to make sure we have the best coverage options. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looking at moving to BKK in 2019. Any thoughts on getting the right Private Health Insurance would be greatly appreciated. We are retiring from the US at 52 yrs old and want to make sure we have the best coverage options. Thanks in advance.
Hey, I'm also moving to Bangkok soon and my partner and I are looking for a health insurance as well. Have u already got some good companies on your mind? We're considering luma health insurance, it seems to have really good coverage but we are still looking. How about u?

·
Registered
7 Posts
You may want to look into GEHA as an option. GEHA treats all your Thai expenses as if you are treated by in-network provider and just file the expenses and the exchange rate on the date the expense occurred. If covers worldwide. If you end up back in US and need treatment, it automatically covers. If you travel around the world, GEHA will cover that too. Just need to file the expense report for each incident.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had BUPA (now named Aetna) for 6 years. Can recommend it, for those under age 70.

During those years, I had only one claim, a big one -- major surgery with 2 weeks in hospital -- and they paid in full with no problem at all.

BUT ... As soon as I turned 70 years old, they said goodbye to me due to old age. No renewal possible. I'm now without medical insurance.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I signed on with AETNA (BUPA) before my 65th birthday. While the premium has gone up 3% a year, they have been very good. I was 70 at my last renewal and will be 71 at the next. AETNA has implied I can renew again with the traditional 3%. Premium now is B10,700. a month.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts