Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My family and I (2 adults and 2 yound kids) are looking to move to Dubai and are researching health insurance for us. So far, I've received quotes of up to £9k (yes GBP) per annum!

This is of course very high (or is it in other people's experiences?) and I was wondering what companies, or agencies people on this forum have used to get health cover.

Basically we want general health cover with dental to cover any hospital stays and procedures needed by any of us (to avoid any suprise large bills (eg for a broken bone that needs surgery), but not maternity cover.

What are our options?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Most people have medical insurance provided by their employers, so only a handful of people would know how much it actually costs. Please do search on the forum as I am pretty sure pricing has been discussed before. 2 young kids obviously would increase the premium.

In any case, someone else should hopefully be able to provide an answer.
Are you moving here without a job?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Since transferring to my new job, I have had to purchase my own medical insurance for me, my wife, and my 2 newborn girls. I pay about $13K USD annually. Top tier plan. I found quotes as low as $3K USD, but - you pay for what you get.

-md000/Mike

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys.

I've got a job waiting with a good package in geneal, but medical isnt included, so am looking around for that. $13k is similar to what I've been offered so I share your pain!

Did you go direct to the company eg BUPA or did you go via a company who compares different policies?

·
Registered
725 Posts
thanks guys.

I've got a job waiting with a good package in geneal, but medical isnt included, so am looking around for that. $13k is similar to what I've been offered so I share your pain!

Did you go direct to the company eg BUPA or did you go via a company who compares different policies?

I went directly to Bupa. If you private message me, I'll refer you to my representative there.

I can't vouch for their service yet though - we just implemented it.

-md000/Mike

·
Registered
72 Posts
The cost of health insurance, while not as high as the US can be fairly steep here, but you get what you pay for!

There are plently of options available, including dental and maternity cover, and dirct billing, which is great if you don't want to be bothered with settling the bill and then claiming back the cost from the insurer.

The best person by far to speak to is "Elphaba" on this forum. She'll be able to do the research for you and takes great care of her clients as you'll see from the testimonials.

Be warned that BUPA are at the more expensive end of the spectrum of costs, there are other providers that offer plans that are just as good, at a lower cost.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
So far, I've received quotes of up to £9k (yes GBP) per annum!
Suddenly paying tax doesn't seem so bad, eh?

Wait until you actually try to claim off that policy or are left without treatment because the person who booked you in has gone off shift, and the NHS won't seem too bad either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.