Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

One of my collegue from India is on a short trip to spain and in Malaga now a days. He has hurt his knee and ankle in the bathroom and seeks a medical help.

His medical insurance company is not responding and its urgent.

How does the medical system work there for visitors? I mean, is it free to get the some medication in some of the government hospitals or what would be the cheapest option?

Thanks,
Parth.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I'm assuming he is Indian and his medical insurance company is based in India? Without the cover of the EU medical card he could find the cost quite high but if it is serious then he should go to the main hospital in Malaga - any taxi driver will know where it is - and then worry about the insurance company afterwards.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Agree with Thrax… obviously call the insurers, they will tell you where to go and authorise everything. If they dont answer then refer to the policy book as this will tell him what he shoudl do - maybe he has to pay and reclaim later as with some policies. It seems strange that travel insurance doesnt answer the phone - every one i have had have worldwide 24 hour emergency helplines!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts