Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading through some blogs and they all suggest that it is good to front load Medicals. In India, i understand there is 100% electronic processing now.

I wanted to get my medicals completely before the CO is allocated. Here in US they don't have eMedical system installed all over. When ever i any facility, they say they have two options. Send the paper work to Washington the second is send to Sydney. I am not sure where to send it to.

Has anyone completed medical here in the US? If yes please share how you dealt with this or does this mean i have to wait for CO to be allocated and tell me where to send it ?

thanks,
JJT

·
Registered
80 Posts
In my case, I waited for my CO to ask for the med and everything was paper based and sent via Fedex by a clinic in Denver. Since you do not have the HAP ID, which is to be issued by your CO, I am not sure if the facility you are going to allows that, so you may want to check that with them ahead of your visit. I had to print out my CO's mail with that ID to show them, so I would just share with you what I know:

- If medicals are sent via normal post, the address is
Health Operations Centre (HOC)
Local Clearance Unit
Department of Immigration and Citizenship
GPO Box 9984
Sydney NSW 2001 AUSTRALIA

- If medicals are sent via courier, the address is
Health Operations Centre (HOC)
Local Clearance Unit
Department of Immigration and Citizenship
Level 3, 26 Lee Street
Sydney CBD NSW 2000 AUSTRALIA

:)

I was reading through some blogs and they all suggest that it is good to front load Medicals. In India, i understand there is 100% electronic processing now.

I wanted to get my medicals completely before the CO is allocated. Here in US they don't have eMedical system installed all over. When ever i any facility, they say they have two options. Send the paper work to Washington the second is send to Sydney. I am not sure where to send it to.

Has anyone completed medical here in the US? If yes please share how you dealt with this or does this mean i have to wait for CO to be allocated and tell me where to send it ?

thanks,
JJT

·
Registered
492 Posts
I had an Health Id number from CO and then Doctor where I went did not have e-medical. Results were sent by Doctor to Sydney. Its better to wait for CO's instructions about Health Exam.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi JJT,

I have recently done my Meds in Pittsburgh, USA. They had eMedical or eHealth and uplaoded the results online. Though, it was implemented recently there and they had a hard time to uplaod. I was the first case for Australia in their online system.

USA is fully online meds implemented country and I think DIAC will not accept paper reports from such countries.

You may go ahead for your before your CO allocation but keep in mind it will be valid for one year only. It should be also valid at Visa validation trip. CO allocation depend on Visa category so check what is the expected time frame for cO allocation for your Visa category.

Which place you are planning to go for medical?

DKV.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi JJT,

I have recently done my Meds in Pittsburgh, USA. They had eMedical or eHealth and uplaoded the results online. Though, it was implemented recently there and they had a hard time to uplaod. I was the first case for Australia in their online system.

USA is fully online meds implemented country and I think DIAC will not accept paper reports from such countries.

You may go ahead for your before your CO allocation but keep in mind it will be valid for one year only. It should be also valid at Visa validation trip. CO allocation depend on Visa category so check what is the expected time frame for cO allocation for your Visa category.

Which place you are planning to go for medical?

DKV.
I am planning to go to Chicago. In DIACs list they tell that they have eMedical. But when i called the facility they said that its not implemented yet. However they asked me to bring the print out for eMedical and they can send via courier. It seems this facility knows where to send it to (Washington or Sydney ) based on the visa type.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am planning to go to Chicago. In DIACs list they tell that they have eMedical. But when i called the facility they said that its not implemented yet. However they asked me to bring the print out for eMedical and they can send via courier. It seems this facility knows where to send it to (Washington or Sydney ) based on the visa type.
I will advise to wait for CO allocation then. As, It's very costly in US 425 USD for adult and 120 per child.

You may like to check with other nearest locations Doctor's office as well.

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
You don't need to wait until your CO is assigned and if there is a chance your meds may be referred you may wish to front load especially if you're hoping to migrate soon. For all skilled migrants meds are processed in Sydney.

·
Registered
637 Posts
jatt 22ji, SSA. :)

How much did it cost you for medicals in USA ?
Is it required to get medicals done in US ? Can one do it while in another country ?

·
Registered
492 Posts
SSA, cost depends on the doctor. In East coast, the Doctor's fee range I found was 485-525 USD. You can take this exam anywhere.

jatt 22ji, SSA. :)

How much did it cost you for medicals in USA ?
Is it required to get medicals done in US ? Can one do it while in another country ?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Medicals done and delivered

So after my medicals, i got a tracking number from the doctor. I just learnt that the courier reached there today. I just wanted to know what to expect next, as my CO is not yet assigned and i front loaded my medicals ?

Is there a way i can call the DIAC and confirm that they have received the Medicals ? Or do i have to wait till a CO is assigned ?

Thanks,
JJT

1 - 11 of 11 Posts