Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of migrating to Australia and about to have my medical check. Has anyone got experience regarding a Mitral Valve Prolapse (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitral_valve_prolapse) in this regard? Is this ever a reason to reject the visa? I know that the "condition" is normal in 99% of the cases and not an issue at all - it doesn't even need any treatment and does not affect the person's everyday life in any way. About 3% of the population have one, which is just a "normal abnormality" and even many athletes have an MVP.

Has anyone got experience with this particular issue?

Thank you and best regards,
firedragon

G

·
Not heard of it before but just from reading what I could on a couple of sites it probably wont be an issue. It states many people have it and it is unnoticed and not needing treatment.

The main thing is do you need or have had treatment if not great. If so if the main of it is done again great as its then not a cost to Australia. They are more worried about someone with ongoing needs that will need to be treated in Australia costing money. The less you may need the better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi firedragon,

I'm currently in same position as you were back then, and was just wondering if you've had any news from a case officer who was dealing with your application and if he/she asked you for more details?

Also do you know if your doctor even mentioned it on your medicals? My doctor said it is extremely faint and I never even knew about it, nor have had any symptoms or taken any medication.

Thank you very much,
Graham

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of migrating to Australia and about to have my medical check. Has anyone got experience regarding a Mitral Valve Prolapse in this regard? Is this ever a reason to reject the visa? I know that the "condition" is normal in 99% of the cases and not an issue at all - it doesn't even need any treatment and does not affect the person's everyday life in any way. About 3% of the population have one, which is just a "normal abnormality" and even many athletes have an MVP.

Has anyone got experience with this particular issue?

Thank you and best regards,
firedragon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.