Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Anyone who has MS (Multiple Sclerosis) disease can pass the medical examination? What if this person is on medication?Are there any benefits that states offer? Since when, how... ?

Thank you for your help...

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi pilaru,

If you haven't already done so please check out the health requirements
Health Requirements for Visa Applicants

They are usually looking for infectious disease but they are usually also looking at the cost to their system and I'm not sure what sort of medication you are talking about or whether it's available in Australia.

The other website to check out is Medicare Australia who may be able help.

Otherwise contact a migration agent (for example we have SOMV on this forum) and they may be able to tell you more.

Let us know how you get on,
Karen

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hi there,

From what I can remember when I was doing research for our medicals, I'm not sure someone with MS would pass the medical. I guess it's based on the individual. If you contact an agent they will be able to help. Alternatively, I know that Peter Bollard is a whizz with the medical side of the visa process. Google him to get his details.

Please let us know what you find out.

Dolly

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually we are working with some agent... we'll contact her about this situation after the IELTS results (november)... We received skilled migration assessment from Vetassess in july. His outcome is positive (nominated occupation: graphic designer ASCO code: 2533-13). We didn't apply for a visa yet... Long way to go...

MS was totally a surprise for us. We learnt it yesterday!! He'll consult with another doctor for this disease and we'll see the results again. The medication i am talking about is available in Australia (quite expensive!), i've made my research about it. But everything's going very quickly... i'm not sure of anything right now...

Thanks a lot.
:)

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I'll keep everything crossed for you......and wish your husband all the best.

Dolly

·
Registered
8 Posts
thank you dolly

:angel:
Hello in reply to your question by brother had his application refused with ms. but this was many years ago. I have many years experience and can advise that todays its major different. What they look for is a cost care in relation to illness.If madication is required then obviously first 2 years no medicare is provided. I think the state is more open minded theses days and contact a good agent who will w=explore all avenues and also contact medical advise from overseas as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello in reply to your question by brother had his application refused with ms. but this was many years ago. I have many years experience and can advise that todays its major different. What they look for is a cost care in relation to illness.If madication is required then obviously first 2 years no medicare is provided. I think the state is more open minded theses days and contact a good agent who will w=explore all avenues and also contact medical advise from overseas as well.

first 2 years no medicare is provided, you are right

good luck to us then... with money and everything :D

thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
If my second applicant is diabetic type 2 and have arthritis of knee. I mean she use stick to walk. Does it mean that she cannot pass the health requirement of visa 190?

G

·
If my second applicant is diabetic type 2 and have arthritis of knee. I mean she use stick to walk. Does it mean that she cannot pass the health requirement of visa 190?
She will struggle but changes have been made to allow some people with disabilities to migrate. It depends on how ill they are, how much care and support they might need from the state and if they themselves might be able to work as welfare is not available.

I would suggest speaking to a migration agent.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I asked some migrant agent in my country. they told me that i should ask the approved physician . one of the physician told that we just transfer the situation of her, where can i contact and ask this question: Whether having knee arthirits and using stick result in rejecting her medical test?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there,

From what I can remember when I was doing research for our medicals, I'm not sure someone with MS would pass the medical. I guess it's based on the individual. If you contact an agent they will be able to help. Alternatively, I know that Peter Bollard is a whizz with the medical side of the visa process. Google him to get his details.

Please let us know what you find out.

Dolly
Does anyone know if cataract (not severe) and obesity may cause a visa denial for Australia PR?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Does anyone know if cataract (not severe) and obesity may cause a visa denial for Australia PR?

cataract won't, provided the vision in your other eye is good (i have a cataract in my right eye and got my grant)

how obese? if you are morbidly obese, then DIAC will pay closer attention to your case to look for potential problems

·
Registered
3 Posts
cataract won't, provided the vision in your other eye is good (i have a cataract in my right eye and got my grant)

how obese? if you are morbidly obese, then DIAC will pay closer attention to your case to look for potential problems
This is with regard to my mother.. I have shown her as a non immigrant dependent. She is obese but without any major issue at the age of 64 years. She has blood pressure which is totally under control with 1 tablet every day.

·
Registered
66 Posts
that i can't say...i can advise on the cataract part because that's what happened to me

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have applied for eMedical .What documents I need to carry while going for examination? Any form 26 or something?
Emedicals referral letter, original passport, photo copy of passport, 4 passport size photographs, form 26 and 160 (Though for me the hospital gave me form 26 and 160 and asked me to fill it), if you use glasses you can have them with you and have your prescriptions handy if you are undergoing prolonged medication / treatment.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts