Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

The CO has been allocated to my case and she said me to proceed with my and my spouse's medicals which include: HIV test, X-Ray and Medical Examination. Could someone please tell me what is done as part of Medical examination?

Many Thanks!

Chet

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello All!

Could someone please tell me what is done as part of Medical examination?

Many Thanks!

Chet
Medical Examination.

Seriously though, if you have received an HAPID number then that letter contains what needs to be done and so the medical examiner will perform those tests including chest X-ray, Urine and Blood test and physical examinations.

GLuk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Medical Examination.

Seriously though, if you have received an HAPID number then that letter contains what needs to be done and so the medical examiner will perform those tests including chest X-ray, Urine and Blood test and physical examinations.

GLuk
Thanks @Ecnediser_P

To be exact, this is what is mentioned in my immigration letter:
"List of Health Examinations required:
- Medical Examination
- Chest X-ray Examination
- HIV Test"

Now, i am not sure what "Medical Examination" means here? For me, all Qns. asked regarding my medical history are a "No" as i haven't had any health issues in the past..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks @Ecnediser_P

my medical history are a "No" as i haven't had any health issues in the past..
All the more reasons not to worry then eh. Just take the letter to whereever you are required to do the medicals (there are authorised physicians on and off shores) and if your country provides e-medical then, as soon as your examination is complete it will be uploaded and linked to your application. If you are from a country which does not provide e-medical then, your hard copies of your medical examination results are posted to the processing centre somewhere (I believe its in Sydney) in Australia.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Chet,

How did the health examination go?
Did you finally get round to finding out what blood tests and 'medical examination' was done? Would you be able to shed some light for me as well as I am due to have mine done in a couple of month's time.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you

Kind regards,
Mel

·
Registered
495 Posts
Dear forum members,
I have a question about the medicals. I only submitted an EOI and expect to get an invitation around July-October. My wife is now pregnant and she can´t do x-ray. Can she do a medical examination now and postpone the x-ray to the date after the birth? Or can she provide it later in Australia?
I believe that we need to provide the medical examination for the baby as well and maybe she can hand in the x-ray together with medicals for the baby?
Please share your knowledge.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Dear forum members,
I have a question about the medicals. I only submitted an EOI and expect to get an invitation around July-October. My wife is now pregnant and she can´t do x-ray. Can she do a medical examination now and postpone the x-ray to the date after the birth? Or can she provide it later in Australia?
I believe that we need to provide the medical examination for the baby as well and maybe she can hand in the x-ray together with medicals for the baby?
Please share your knowledge.
Well DIBP allows using old medical with 1 year validity, so X-Ray done before can be used, but I don't know if getting pregnant causes one to go for X-Ray again.

So, I am assuming you hoping to go to Australia and then have the baby, else you could do medicals for both of your baby and wife later.

Usually the medical centre uploads the medical online, so no need to hand any. You have to do My Health Declarations in ImmiAccount.

If you are the main applicant, create an account and do My Health Declarations and then add your wife as dependent. Then your wife can take the Referral Letter and do it. I am not sure if you need to do it too with her or can do it later.

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...lodge-grant-gang-2017-a-106.html#post11946185

1 - 7 of 7 Posts