Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly, Hello everyone :)

I am in the process of gaining British citizenship, I was born in the UK and found I was eligible. Ive moved my whole life (father was in the military) but have always loved the UK, and visit there whenever I can.

I am a registered xray and cat scan technologist, and soon will be registered in MRI here in the US. I have 5 years experience across hospital and clinical settings.

I am not having a tremendous amount of luck finding information on transferring to the UK, and am starting to get the impression its not possible. Surely I wont have to start all over?

Would appreciate any advice/help! Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
5,192 Posts
Try this.

You may have to take a few upgrading courses before you can register as a tech here in the U.K.... I was trained as a pharmacy tech and have 12 years of (teaching and trauma) hospital dispensary tech experience in Canada and the Cayman Islands, but since I'm not licensed (it was being implemented across Canada when I left to come to London to get married), I would have to go and do a 2 year apprenticeship before I could get back into the dispensary, even if I wanted to work at a local community pharmacy.

Good luck to you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.