Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Im planning to do my medicals, and I was admitted in hospital 2 years ago, for 2 days, regarding Vitrectomy(Eye surgery for defective retina) in the left eye and im having only 20% eyesight in my left eye, my right eye is good.

In the medical application in immi.gov.au, it is asking a question "Have you ever been admitted to a hospital and/or received medical treatment for an extended period for any reason(including for a major operation or treatment of a pyschiatric illness)?"

Should I say yes to the question and post my condition or should I say no? (Confusion is extended period of time)

Im planning to provide all documents during medical itself, while they conduct eye test to the doctor, since I dont want it to backfire me later.

Im a software engineer and it doesnt impact my full time job anyway. I have proof that I have been working for the past 2 years to support my case.

What should my answer to the question? Anyone had similar case like this? Will this impact my VISA grant

·
Registered
23,836 Posts
Hi all,

Im planning to do my medicals, and I was admitted in hospital 2 years ago, for 2 days, regarding Vitrectomy(Eye surgery for defective retina) in the left eye and im having only 20% eyesight in my left eye, my right eye is good.

In the medical application in immi.gov.au, it is asking a question "Have you ever been admitted to a hospital and/or received medical treatment for an extended period for any reason(including for a major operation or treatment of a pyschiatric illness)?"

Should I say yes to the question and post my condition or should I say no? (Confusion is extended period of time)

Im planning to provide all documents during medical itself, while they conduct eye test to the doctor, since I dont want it to backfire me later.

Im a software engineer and it doesnt impact my full time job anyway. I have proof that I have been working for the past 2 years to support my case.

What should my answer to the question? Anyone had similar case like this? Will this impact my VISA grant
As you have correctly concluded yourself, that during the eye test, you will have to tell the doctor about the eye condition and the operation

So in my opinion, you should disclose it upfront in the application and let DIBP decide if they need any specific tests for the same, when they generate your HAP ID

This is my personal view as a layman and I have no knowledge in the least about your eye condition or what it's effects are or if the disclosure would harm your prospects in any way

Cheers

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Newbienz,,, i have another query: im doing my medicals before invite, so I created an immi account and added info for My Health Declarations. Over there, it is asking for "Any alternate names available for the applicant or different spellings".. i do not have a last name, and in some documents like passport/pan card my name + intials are expanded... but in other documents my initials are present like:

FULL_NAME . I
or
FULL_NAME INITIAL_EXPANDED

Should i mention these in the question or Statuary Declaration during VISA lodgement is enough???

·
Registered
23,836 Posts
Thanks Newbienz,,, i have another query: im doing my medicals before invite, so I created an immi account and added info for My Health Declarations. Over there, it is asking for "Any alternate names available for the applicant or different spellings".. i do not have a last name, and in some documents like passport/pan card my name + intials are expanded... but in other documents my initials are present like:

FULL_NAME . I
or
FULL_NAME INITIAL_EXPANDED

Should i mention these in the question or Statuary Declaration during VISA lodgement is enough???
I mention all these names in every document where they ask if you have been known by any other name, as I also have a middle name which is omitted in many documents

So in my opinion you should.
I don't understand the reluctance in giving it. Its just typing a few extra words

Cheers

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.. Will do

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update for future viewers of this thread:

I got "Health Clearance provided - No Action required" after from being "Further assessment required from Bupa services"

·
Registered
194 Posts
I mention all these names in every document where they ask if you have been known by any other name, as I also have a middle name which is omitted in many documents

So in my opinion you should.
I don't understand the reluctance in giving it. Its just typing a few extra words

Cheers
Hi NB,

I have a question regarding the medicals.

I have booked an appointment for me, wife and daughter, with GYD Diag center in Hyderabad and found that there are no female doctors available there.

https://www.gydhealth.com/Visa-Medicals/

Should this be a concern to us? Would you suggest making an appointment with a different center?

Need your suggestion on this please..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts