Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever had to give extra medical test other than what was specified on the HAP ID referral letter ?

I went to the australian approved migration panel clinic last week, they conducted all the test. After doctor's examination, he asked me to do an extra test that was not listed on the HAP ID referral letter and I was charged extra.

I did receive following status after 2 days "health clearance provided – no action required"

But I am confused why it was required, I inquired but they didn't give me much explanation.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Anyone ever had to give extra medical test other than what was specified on the HAP ID referral letter ?

I went to the australian approved migration panel clinic last week, they conducted all the test. After doctor's examination, he asked me to do an extra test that was not listed on the HAP ID referral letter and I was charged extra.

I did receive following status after 2 days "health clearance provided – no action required"

But I am confused why it was required, I inquired but they didn't give me much explanation.
What was the extra test?

·
Registered
23,906 Posts

It's not uncommon or strange

My wife was also asked to undergo tests not prescribed in the HAP I'd before her medicals were cleared
And that was in NZ where apparently one can expect the highest levels of professionalism

Cheers

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What was the extra test?
They made me do apical and oblique x ray, on the hap id only PA x ray was required.

It's not uncommon or strange

My wife was also asked to undergo tests not prescribed in the HAP I'd before her medicals were cleared
And that was in NZ where apparently one can expect the highest levels of professionalism

Cheers
Ok, but did they notify you guys for the reason of the extra test? I don't have problem giving extra test but a simple reason would suffice the purpose of it for my understanding. But they didn't care to inform me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts